Crime Footage of Georgia citizen's arrest

You could rewrite it like that, but that's not what happened on tape. One truck was behind Ahmaud driving illegally down the wrong side of road behind him. They stopped another truck illegally in the middle of the road with a man standing in the bed of the truck with a gun (is it legal to ride in the bed of a truck with a gun in Georgia? You'd probably get a ticket for that too) to box Ahmaud in. You can hear him screaming at Ahmaud over a cell phone mic in the follow truck. Ahmaud evades the truck on the passenger side but when he begins to make that move the shooter runs from the left hand lane around the front of the truck carrying a shotgun towards ahmaud and intercepts him in close range near passenger side front of the truck. The shooter didn't magically go from the left hand side of the road to front passenger side where they clashed. It's a fact he had to have moved at Ahmaud while he was carrying a shotgun in his hands.

You can't justify illegally stopping your vehicle in the middle of public roads and standing in the bed brandishing a firearm in an attempt to box in a pedestrian and then having your back up run around the front of the truck at them with a shotgun because you think they might have committed a misdemeanor. You're not going to fit those actions into any legal definition of a citizen's arrest no matter how badly some wanna-be cops thinks it should.

I mean, try to actually apply your logic here. Citizens can just toss up armed check points in the middle of street to try and detain folks they think committed a minor offense? This is the EXACT situation citizen arrest laws exist to avoid.

So, they may be guilty of breaking traffic laws, too, then?

According to you, does Amaud not have any responsibility in any of this? He couldn’t have done anything any differently? He had no other choice but to grab Travis’s gun? He seems to have no agency at all in this.

Look, this will all come out in court. The footage will be reviewed thoroughly and I’m sure justice will be served.

Last edited:
So, they may be guilty of breaking traffic laws, too, then?

According to you, does Amaud not have any responsibility in any of this? He couldn’t have done anything any differently? He had no other choice but to grab Travis’s gun? He seems to have no agency at all in this.

Look, this will all come out in court. The footage will be reviewed thoroughly and I’m sure justice will be served.

Yes, and guess why those are violations of traffic laws? Especially when you are doing them it to trap a pedestrian? Because they threaten the pedestrian's safety. Which you can't do over trespassing or littering or jaywalking or any minor infraction.

I hold him responsible for deserving to receive a verbal warning about walking into a construction site.

I don't hold him responsible for not being able to evade his shooter, because he made multiple attempts to and the shooter and the posse made that pretty much impossible. Also the shooter is the one who initiated the struggle. They boxed him in, amaud ran around the passenger side to get away, and the shooter ran around the front of the truck with the shotgun directly into Amaud's path and initiated the struggle. If you're running away to the passenger side, which he clearly was, you can't grab someone's shotgun who was just standing in the left lane unless they charge at you with it.

Explain to me how the shooter goes from the left lane off to the side of the driver's side door all the way to in front of the truck passenger side right lane, suddenly immediatly in Amaud's path in a matter of seconds, without having charged his direction with a shotgun?

If one of your family members was walking down the street and a group of men surrounded them in trucks, blocked their escape routes, and ran at them with a deadly weapon when you tried to get away, I find it really hard to believe you'd be holding them responsible for attempting to defend themselves.

Yes, and guess why those are violations of traffic laws? Especially when you are doing them it to trap a pedestrian? Because they threaten the pedestrian's safety. Which you can't do over trespassing or littering or jaywalking or any minor infraction.

I hold him responsible for deserving to receive a verbal warning about walking into a construction site.

I don't hold him responsible for not being able to evade his shooter, because he made multiple attempts to and the shooter and the posse made that pretty much impossible. Also the shooter is the one who initiated the struggle. They boxed him in, amaud ran around the passenger side to get away, and the shooter ran around the front of the truck with the shotgun directly into Amaud's path and initiated the struggle. If you're running away to the passenger side, which he clearly was, you can't grab someone's shotgun who was just standing in the left lane unless they charge at you with it.

Explain to me how the shooter goes from the left lane off to the side of the driver's side door all the way to in front of the truck passenger side right lane, suddenly immediatly in Amaud's path in a matter of seconds, without having charged his direction with a shotgun?

If one of your family members was walking down the street and a group of men surrounded them in trucks, blocked their escape routes, and ran at them with a deadly weapon when you tried to get away, I find it really hard to believe you'd be holding them responsible for attempting to defend themselves.

Was he really trapped? Arbery had no other options? He had to lunge for and grab Travis’s shotgun?

When you have other options, but you consciously choose to run the length of a football field in the direction of armed men and choose to attack and grab one of their guns, you have to take some responsibility for that. It was stupid.

If a couple of men were pursuing me and asked me to stop and told me they had called the police and they said I had committed a crime and I knew for sure that I hadn’t, I’d call the police myself and clear my name.

The last thing I would do is run 100m+ in their direction to wrest their gun from their hands. It’s lunacy!! You have got to stop infantilising Arbery and absolving him of any decision making responsibility.

Last edited:
They boxed him in, amaud ran around the passenger side to get away, and the shooter ran around the front of the truck with the shotgun directly into Amaud's path and initiated the struggle..

Travis initiated the struggle? Really??

Personally, I believe the McMichaels did not set out to kill Arbery.

1. They called the police.

2. They had the opportunity to shoot him, but didn't. Only when Arbery had grabbed Travis's gun and even then, it is hard to prove that Travis pulled the trigger. If they intended to kill Arbery from the outset, then why would they wait until Arbery was in striking distance, literally punching Travis in the face? Why did they call the police?

3. They filmed it and showed the footage openly to the police.

Last edited:
So, this side story has been confusing me with this whole case.

Larry English's story:

1. First, he says that he had fishing gear stolen, he installed security cameras and his property has a "no tresspassing" sign:

"Larry English, a man building a home in the McMichaels’ neighborhood, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year, but he never reported the theft"
https://www.vox.com/identities/2020...r-killed-in-georgia-video-shooting-grand-jury

"English bought the property in June 2016 for $120,000 and has built much of the house — which is marked with a no trespassing sign, the Mail said."
https://nypost.com/2020/05/12/man-who-called-cops-on-ahmaud-arbery-suspicious-of-his-saggy-pants/

2. Second, it has come out today, that the police had asked Gregory McMichael to watch over the house and texted Larry English the details of Gregory McMichael, to inform him of this:

"the elder McMichael was enlisted by the local police to help watch the construction site near where Arbery was killed, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The building site, owned by Larry English, had surveillance cameras that alerted English’s phone to any movement. English’s attorney
https://www.thedailybeast.com/polic...help-months-before-fatal-shooting-says-report

3. But, at the same time, as many posters have pointed out, Larry English also claims that nothing was stolen

"Ahmaud did not take anything from the construction site," the family's lawyers said in a statement. "He did not cause any damage to the property. He remained for a brief period of time and was not instructed by anyone to leave but rather left on his own accord to continue his jog. Ahmaud's actions at this empty home under construction were in no way a felony under Georgia law."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...allegedly-entered-shooting-might-not-n1205191

“Nothing was ever taken from the English property,” attorney J. Elizabeth Graddy said in a statement Wednesday.
https://www.local10.com/news/national/2020/05/13/homeowner-nothing-stolen-before-black-man-was-shot/

4. English, may be scared of "the mob" and may be lying as to not invoke the wrath of the people that believe this was racially motivated.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...allegedly-entered-shooting-might-not-n1205191
"English has received death threats since the arrests, his attorney said in an interview Monday night"

These appear to be two conflicting postions here. I am sure the truth will come out under oath in court. Larry English may be wishing to distance himself from this situation, but it's far too late for that, he is in this. If he is trying to backtrack and appease the mob, that is a bad idea, you are only feeding them. Just tell the damn truth.

Someone appears to be lying here.

Last edited:
People ITT see race in everything, sad.

“You’re black, so you should think this way”

“You’re white, so you can’t say this”

Who are the real racists here?
You’re an educated expat, so of course you would rightfully make this comment, most of the people you described are uncultured morons looking for drama to stretch out the rest of their boring existence.

Back