Foods that really fill you up?

sIcKnEsS

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I eat and eat but never get full so I eat more cause my stomach growls...is there sumtn I can eat to not be hungry?

Foods high in fiber and veggies (despite being low-cal) are supposed to fill you up. I know I'm not hungry for a couple hours after eating pasta or a salad; the only difference is the salad has 1/5 the calories.

Try foods you have to chew a lot.

Its weird, I feel the opposite after eating a salad. It makes me need to pee later and I don't stay full from it very long. Complex carbs do a good job of filling me up.

Timbaland said:
Its weird, I feel the opposite after eating a salad. It makes me need to pee later and I don't stay full from it very long. Complex carbs do a good job of filling me up.

Timbaland, salads are complex carbs. I have no idea why it makes you want to urinate.

It's nuts what makes some of the guys in here have to take a piss.

Eat meat. Nothing gets you more full than a pound (or two) steaks in your belly...

All stuff with lots of fat will also do the job.

I think some fats will curb hunger, since you have certain receptors that are responsive to them that control saitety. Water is a big one also, drink 2 full glasses before starting your meal. Lastly, I think the biggest thing for hunger is not eating until you burst. I used to always do it and now I just eat until I think I've had enough and normally I could always eat more. After 15 minutes, the food has reached my stomach (it takes time for nutrients to reach the stomach and for your body to realize its full) and I'm fine.

Just as FYI, you have receptors in your mouth for water and that is why you feel less thirsty right after taking a drink or two, long before it can be absorbed. Food is different, it takes time.

Really fatty Spaghetti Bolognese.

I don't think they've created a man who can eat a full plate and not fall asleep.

sIcKnEsS said:
I eat and eat but never get full so I eat more cause my stomach growls...is there sumtn I can eat to not be hungry?

Is there a reason you want to feel full? Honestly, I kind of hate that feeling. I feel sluggish and fat.

Pasta Rice, Bread.

BTW: I tend to find it hard to bring down bread, I just end up chewing on it over and over till my mouth gets dry and get sick of it. WTF ?

Madmick said:
Is there a reason you want to feel full? Honestly, I kind of hate that feeling. I feel sluggish and fat.

Yeah, seriously. If I eat too much, I get real lazy and will just kind of lie around till I feel that I can actually do something productive.

A jecket potato and a can of baked beans do the trick, and it's only about 400 calories for the whole thing (without butter).

Back