FNF: Barthelemy vs Usmanee, January 4th

. They're looking for something to base their opinion on.

Yeah, thats my point. If a person doesn't really know then they should shut the fuck up. Base your opinion on what you saw in the fight or don't act as though your opinion matters when its really not your opinion at all. (not you consortium, poor wording)

Yeah, thats my point. If a person doesn't really know then they should shut the fuck up. Base your opinion on what you saw in the fight or don't act as though your opinion matters when its really not your opinion at all. (not you consortium, poor wording)

Don't worry, we can start arguing about Cloud/Campillo and whether a fighter clearly winning a round and being knocked down results in a 9-9, 9-8 or god knows what the other scores were round :D

I always assumed, it made it a 10-10 round.

As a casual observer of unbeaten featherweight contender Rances Barthelemy's unanimous decision victory over Arash Usmanee on last week's season opener of "Friday Night Fights," I was left with a reaction similar to that of most watching at home: outrage.

Admittedly, I hadn't scored the fight, but my conclusion rested upon watching the hungrier Usmanee (20-1, 10 KOs) outwork an underwhelming Barthelemy (18-0, 11 KOs), who didn't just give away his height and reach advantages but also appeared to give away the fight through prolonged periods of inactivity. Watching an exhausted Barthelemy on the verge of being stopped to close out the 12th round only confirmed my assumptions.

The scorecards, of course, told a different story, with all three (116-112, 116-112 and 115-113) in favor of Barthelemy, who collapsed to the canvas upon hearing the result, seemingly as surprised as most of us watching on TV.

For the first nationally televised fight of 2013 -- an entertaining one at that -- to be stained by incompetency (if not blatant corruption) wasn't just a bad omen to start the new year; it was another example of boxing's insistence on shooting itself in the foot -- the same tired song and dance a wayward sport that always finds a way to break your heart moments after capturing it.

Don't miss any of the latest boxing coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join

Winner gets 10-9. Minus 1 point from his score for getting knocked down. 9-9.

Thats not right. Its the 10 point must system. The winner gets 10 points the loser 9 or less. The only way one fighter doesn't get 10 points is if theres a foul. It doesn't matter if they knock each other down a dozen times. The winner of the round gets 10 points.

Boxingscene is worst than Sherdog Heavyweight Forum. There is people over in the Heavies that still won't admit that Condit Beat the Shit Out of Diaz.

That's why I show a scorecard of a Cuban who scored it for Usmanee from the worst Boxingsite in the planet! That's enough evidence His Cuban compatriot lost!

That's why I show a scorecard of a Cuban who scored it for Usmanee from the worst Boxingsite in the planet! That's enough evidence His Cuban compatriot lost!

pacquiao-ko-marquez.gif

X and seano's racism has gone too far .

the mods should ban their IP's

Back