• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FN 101: Whittaker vs. Brunson is the worst card of the year.

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson
Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook
Kyle Noke vs. Omari Akhmedov
Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski
Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi
Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck
Richard Walsh vs. Joe Meunier
Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera
Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight
Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa
Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor
Tyson Pedro vs. Khalil Rountree
Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou

No-wiki page fighters, manlets, and a bunch of "who the fook" are these guys. Poor Jenel Lausa is all three! Then you have fighters who have long peaked like Kyle Noke and Chris Camozzi.

Even the most craptastic cards have 3 to 5 fights I have mild to real interest in. Not here. I only have interest in the main event. And this interest is moderate at best.

If you subtract the main event, it's reasonable for some fans to think this was an AXS card.
apt user name.

whittaker vs brunson is deserving of the main event slot. both guys are top 10 in the division and on a verge of a title shot.

ben nguyen vs geane herrera and hooker vs jason knight are GUARANTEED to be wars. Please remind me if I'm wrong.

Funny you mention jenel lausa, who is in fact a legit prospect. He will destroy Zhikui.

Whittaker/Brunson is actually a pretty interesting fight, but ya the rest of the card is dogshit.

But last night was pretty bad too, I mean seriously Bader/Lil Nog rematch for a main event, FUCK OFF UFC!!
umm... that wasn't the original fight. The main event was supposed to be Bader vs Gustafsson.

You can't blame the UFC for that.

No-wiki page fighters, manlets, and a bunch of "who the fook" are these guys. Poor Jenel Lausa is all three! Then you have fighters who have long peaked like Kyle Noke and Chris Camozzi.

Even the most craptastic cards have 3 to 5 fights I have mild to real interest in. Not here. I only have interest in the main event. And this interest is moderate at best.

If you subtract the main event, it's reasonable for some fans to think this was an AXS card.

Fair analysis. Ill still record it prolly unless its fightpass.

This string of fight nights was particularly awful. Mousasi/Hall 2 event was pretty bad, as was Lil Nog/Bader 2. Now we have this and that fight night Derrick Lewis is headlining with that Russian guy. Holy shit.
This is what you get for not watching Bellator instead. Watch it dammit! Don't leit their ratings bomb again.

But for real, most of the fights I saw were decent, found amusing the way Lobov beat the crap out of a really, really, really discount japanese Conor. Cried a little when they stopped Uriah/Mousasi. Got hard when Usman and Bader dominated.

This is what you get for not watching Bellator instead. Watch it dammit! Don't leit their ratings bomb again.

But for real, most of the fights I saw were decent, found amusing the way Lobov beat the crap out of a really, really, really discount japanese Conor. Cried a little when they stopped Uriah/Mousasi. Got hard when Usman and Bader dominated.

Watching Ishihara lose gutted me more than Mir/Hunt tbh. I wanted a Bitchara hype train so fucking bad. :(

Watching Ishihara lose gutted me more than Mir/Hunt tbh. I wanted a Bitchara hype train so fucking bad. :(
I did too, but he couldn't handle the (lack of) reach of Artem.

Blew my load during Bellator when Chandler went full Randleman on Benson and executed the perfect german suplex.

Lol

When a card is headlined by them two

You should know the overall card will be shit

This string of fight nights was particularly awful. Mousasi/Hall 2 event was pretty bad, as was Lil Nog/Bader 2. Now we have this and that fight night Derrick Lewis is headlining with that Russian guy. Holy shit.
this is what happens when ufc has too many events we can get these random bum cards

this is what happens when ufc has too many events we can get these random bum cards

Exactly. This is why I was happy as shit when they said they're gonna drastically cut down on cards.

I did too, but he couldn't handle the (lack of) reach of Artem.

Blew my load during Bellator when Chandler went full Randleman on Benson and executed the perfect german suplex.

He also got hit with a standing hammerfist

wtf Ishi

umm... that wasn't the original fight. The main event was supposed to be Bader vs Gustafsson.

You can't blame the UFC for that.

The main event was aupposed to be Bader vs Gus? In Brazil? Nice.

Say what you will, Australian UFC cards have tended to have a pretty exciting and high finishing rate.

The main event was aupposed to be Bader vs Gus? In Brazil? Nice.

It was actually supposed be Gus v Lil Nog but Gus pulled out about 20 minutes after it was announced. Don't know where this guy is getting Gus v Bader from. That fight is probably gonna happen next though

Still much better card than Lamas v. Penn.

11.jpg

Maybe it would be if ^this^ card hadn't happened this year

At least FN 101 is headlined by two top 10 fighters.

Back