Floyd's 10 easiest opponents

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Nice little memory jogger. Who were you most disappointed in? For me it was Guerrero and Marquez. I though Ghost would be all Over Floyd(Maidana style) but alas.... And Marquez, when faced with a better counter puncher, didnt have a back up plan.

We should boycott any cross sport fight between mma and boxing unless they alternate between 2 rounds boxing and 1 round mma. That's the only way I would watch

We should boycott any cross sport fight between mma and boxing unless they alternate between 2 rounds boxing and 1 round mma. That's the only way I would watch
you couldn't really unwrap and re-wrap the hands in a timely manner.

<45>Maidana beat the shit out of him but was it boxing?

Nice little memory jogger. Who were you most disappointed in? For me it was Guerrero and Marquez. I though Ghost would be all Over Floyd(Maidana style) but alas.... And Marquez, when faced with a better counter puncher, didnt have a back up plan.

Ortiz for me. He ruined what would have probably been a pretty fun fight down the stretch while at lasted. Floyd was pretty aggressive that night.

Guerrero is a good one. He didn’t really bring anything but wasn’t that just his 2nd bout at WW? He did a good job talking his way into that one.

Ortiz for me. He ruined what would have probably been a pretty fun fight down the stretch while at lasted. Floyd was pretty aggressive that night.
Yeah, that fight was really warming up. Victor is such a flake.

Yeah, that fight was really warming up. Victor is such a flake.

He might be one of the bigger disappointments in general in recent history. Some guys are disappointing because they just aren't as good as we thought; Ortiz was good. But if you could make him think the fight was getting away from him, that's all it took for him to do something flaky, as you put it.

He might be one of the bigger disappointments in general in recent history. Some guys are disappointing because they just aren't as good as we thought; Ortiz was good. But if you could make him think the fight was getting away from him, that's all it took for him to do something flaky, as you put it.
I guess temperament is part of the equation, found lacking.

lTfIFkM4t0la_FFlIrfWd7VPcfzTekJxqyN2JSqsWw0vG274K91H5qVxSY5G0K7tzqRHH21jB3dPEW1dmxsGm7KEbz5bvroK1JOSYGLEuEsv93cZBtvoigHoR5obKMNsG_f90yx6B_sg8ftXOkJOfzz5VMgALc_KI4Dyrg

Guerrero is a good one. He didn’t really bring anything but wasn’t that just his 2nd bout at WW? He did a good job talking his way into that one.

Yes, his dad certainly helped.. and his no holds barred performance vs Berto of course.

See the bit where JMM catches Floyd, so he resets to even the score, incredible boxing brain. Most of his fights, he finished the dominant fighter, having worked out his opponents moves in the early going.

Yes, his dad certainly helped.. and his no holds barred performance vs Berto of course.

See the bit where JMM catches Floyd, so he resets to even the score, incredible boxing brain. Most of his fights, he finished the dominant fighter, having worked out his opponents moves in the early going.

Ah yeah he mauled Bizarro-Berto pretty good. Ugly fight and kind of a weird performance by Andre but Guerrero took care of business. Now that you mention it I think that was the second time that Berto was in the Mayweather sweepstakes and got beat in the fight that was suppose to make it happen.

edit: it’s kind of bad to say but I think Guerreros wife had a lot to do with it too. The narrative made the fight easier to sell. Promoters obviously saw value in it - they milked that cancer story dry for years.

Ah yeah he mauled Bizarro-Berto pretty good. Ugly fight and kind of a weird performance by Andre but Guerrero took care of business. Now that you mention it I think that was the second time that Berto was in the Mayweather sweepstakes and got beat in the fight that was suppose to make it happen.

edit: it’s kind of bad to say but I think Guerreros wife had a lot to do with it too. The narrative made the fight easier to sell. Promoters obviously saw value in it - they milked that cancer story dry for years.
Ah yes, I remember.. but as angles go, fair play.

Ortiz was beginning to land, including a big right hand on the ropes not long before the headbutt. Floyd never appeared to be out of control of the fight at all. I imagine Ortiz would have gotten discouraged late in the fight as Floyd took over but there was still an exciting fight we could've enjoyed, but didn't.

Back