Floyd was at the footlocker in Milwaukee.

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was crazy. I was walking through the mall (The Grand Avenue Mall... aka The Tomb).
All these kids just go rushing by. I'm like, "what the buck?!".

The shoe shine guy goes running past me yelling "Floyd's here". I work in the Chase building that connects to the mall.
So I'm standing there thinking, "no way some 20 year old black dude is a Pink Floyd fan". That's the only Floyd that came to my mind. Then the lady at the coffee stand said, "Floyd Mayweather is in town for WWE".
I just yelled "Fuck ME!!!" and high-tailed in the direction of the shoe shine kid.
Floyd's walking out of the store going to his limo with some body guards.

Coolest shit.

Yea, the WWE was here in Milwaukee on Monday for Raw.

It was crazy. I was walking through the mall (The Grand Avenue Mall... aka The Tomb).
All these kids just go rushing by. I'm like, "what the buck?!".

The shoe shine guy goes running past me yelling "Floyd's here". I work in the Chase building that connects to the mall.
So I'm standing there thinking, "no way some 20 year old black dude is a Pink Floyd fan". That's the only Floyd that came to my mind. Then the lady at the coffee stand said, "Floyd Mayweather is in town for WWE".
I just yelled "Fuck ME!!!" and high-tailed in the direction of the shoe shine kid.
Floyd's walking out of the store going to his limo with some body guards.

Coolest shit.

I just yelled "Fuck ME!!!"

yeah, i'm sure you did.

...and then he got thrown out of the ring... in which he had to jump his 160lb a$$ up to be tossed out by a 500lb+ man. Odd.

Floyd is the man, that guy sh*ts money!!

These kinds of responses crack me up. It's like Floyd is more famous just because he's rich than he is because he's the biggest boxer in the world. I wonder if Bill Gates changed his name to Money and started chucking stacks of 20's at the middle class if he'd get the same status..lol.. "ooh Money Gates is in pcworld!!!!!! Lets go see if he'll shit some money at us!"

Floyd is a bad ass boxer. Who gives a shit how much money he has? I sure don't.

Shame i wasn't there. I live 30 miles east of Milwaukee.

These kinds of responses crack me up. It's like Floyd is more famous just because he's rich than he is because he's the biggest boxer in the world. I wonder if Bill Gates changed his name to Money and started chucking stacks of 20's at the middle class if he'd get the same status..lol.. "ooh Money Gates is in pcworld!!!!!! Lets go see if he'll shit some money at us!"

Floyd is a bad ass boxer. Who gives a shit how much money he has? I sure don't.

the problem is (i posted this in a few threads today) is peoples lack of critical evaluation. Most people dont know floyd from before 24/7, and in that he was all about money. They have bought into the hype that he is "money mayweather" and not someone who destroyed everyone he fought, except a few who managed to be somewhat competative (although i gave castillo the first fight). They just believe what they see, then they saw the DLH fight and it just reinforced that.

the problem is (i posted this in a few threads today) is peoples lack of critical evaluation. Most people dont know floyd from before 24/7, and in that he was all about money. They have bought into the hype that he is "money mayweather" and not someone who destroyed everyone he fought, except a few who managed to be somewhat competative (although i gave castillo the first fight). They just believe what they see, then they saw the DLH fight and it just reinforced that.

I will give it to Floyd. He couldnt fill a stadium to save his life before 24/7. That was just about the best move any fighter could ever make..the 24/7 series. More fighters should follow suit.

I will give it to Floyd. He couldnt fill a stadium to save his life before 24/7. That was just about the best move any fighter could ever make..the 24/7 series. More fighters should follow suit.

Floyd got big pretty quick. I remember arguing that it didn't matter how skilled he was, no one is going to care. Devout boxing fans will know him, but devout boxing fans know almost every guy in the top ten in each weight class.
Not the case anymore. Back at the bank, the day Floyd was at the mall, everyone was talking about it.

2 years ago it was, "boxing is dead as soon as DLH leaves", now it's "boxing is dead as soon as Floyd leaves".... the equation for having a premier boxer that serves as the face inside and outside of the ring doesn't seem to be that complex anymore.

Back