Floyd Mayweather vs. Tim Bradley.

I was a Bradley fan but he was sloppy and would eat counters from Floyd all night. Everyone tried to beat Floyd by being rough and aggressive after seeing the Castillo fights but he made the adjustment to that sort of stuff when they rematched. People always watched that fight, saw Floyd struggle but seemed to forget they fought again.

I was a Bradley fan but he was sloppy and would eat counters from Floyd all night. Everyone tried to beat Floyd by being rough and aggressive after seeing the Castillo fights but he made the adjustment to that sort of stuff when they rematched. People always watched that fight, saw Floyd struggle but seemed to forget they fought again.
Maidana gave him trouble though

He was outmuscled by Castillo and Chino but changed it up. Apart from those, he was actually a tough lil bastard, I was impressed how he walked Shane down and Cotto. You can tell he grew up partaking in gym wars, he has that 'fuck you im better' attitude, something Bud showed in his last fight too.

he would have been fine. bradley had good volume but not enough pop or footwork to really trouble floyd. bradley is probably the most effective flat-footed arm-puncher since sugar shane. just didn’t carry the same power.

Maidana gave him trouble though
Maidana was an anomaly. He has a weird style and thats more of an issue for Floyd than raw aggression, IMO. It messes with is timing. Pac was a lot more predictable.

Maidana was an anomaly. He has a weird style and thats more of an issue for Floyd than raw aggression, IMO. It messes with is timing. Pac was a lot more predictable.
Maidana is more predictable than Pacquiao....it's not exactly advanced scouting to know an overhand right is coming

I think you kinda hit it on the head in your previous statement...Maidana just had a specific thing that messed with what Floyd was used to

Maidana is more predictable than Pacquiao....it's not exactly advanced scouting to know an overhand right is coming

I think you kinda hit it on the head in your previous statement...Maidana just had a specific thing that messed with what Floyd was used to
I don't agree at all. Pac is better than Maidana at a lot of things but Maidana had a very unusual way of timing his shots and threw from bizarre angles.

I don't agree at all. Pac is better than Maidana at a lot of things but Maidana had a very unusual way of timing his shots and threw from bizarre angles.
That's literally what people say of Pacquiao....

Maidana spammed overhand rights. There was not a lot of nuance to what he was doing against Floyd

Maidana spammed overhand rights. There was not a lot of nuance to what he was doing against Floyd
Pac is just more textbook than Maidana. Maidana has a weird herky-jerky style that is difficult for a guy like Floyd to time. Pac is coming with the left hand everytime. Its easy to see when Pac is setting up a shot, especially for a guy that is faster than he is, like Floyd.

Ageed... It was pretty much raw aggression. Offense first, defense 2nd.

Ageed... It was pretty much raw aggression. Offense first, defense 2nd.
Disagree. The overhand is his moneypunch, no doubt but he was working a good jab against Floyd, ripping the body, he worked when Floyd clinches which is something Pac has never done. Floyd himself said it was Maidana's jab that kept him guessing.
Pac spent 12 rounds trying to land his right. (I said left before, meant right)

Disagree. The overhand is his moneypunch, no doubt but he was working a good jab against Floyd, ripping the body, he worked when Floyd clinches which is something Pac has never done. Floyd himself said it was Maidana's jab that kept him guessing.
Pac spent 12 rounds trying to land his right. (I said left before, meant right)

You're just reading too much into it, because the all-terrain boxer Floyd Mayweather got troubled by something relatively simple.

You're just reading too much into it, because the all-terrain boxer Floyd Mayweather got troubled by something relatively simple.
No, everything I said happened. Take note of the body work, jab and clinch fighting-

No, everything I said happened. Take note of the body work, jab and clinch fighting-

Watched it. Why again are you so sure that Floyd would beat Duran? Duran was slicker at close range than Maidana.

Back