Floyd Mayweather vs Terence Crawford

BlackPanther

קℓล†เиµм вэℓ†
@Brown
Reaction score
Who figures out who? I think Floyd is still too slick for Crawford. What say you?

Floyd never fought a long, athletic and talented fighter in their prime like TC.

Floyd in any weight class 135, 140 at 147 though I can see Crawford giving him a hard time

Pretty difficult to see Crawford outboxing Mayweather, and it's not like he's going to walk him down. Hard to say too much about Crawford's ability (in an all time sense, he's obviously elite in the sport right now) before he faces someone genuinely elite.

You're being too kind to Mayweather, I think. What he did to avoid Hamed was far more egregious than mere ducking.

What did he do? I am not a fan of Floyd but I dont see why he should have avoided Naz. Sure Naz had power but Floyd was so much better in other terms of boxing.

Guys... Gamboa was outboxing TC for 4 rounds or so until he gassed (which happens a lot to Gamby).

Floyd is more conditioned, bigger, and much better than Gamboa. Come on y'all, use your brains. TC's best wins are Horn and Gamboa.

You're being too kind to Mayweather, I think. What he did to avoid Hamed was far more egregious than mere ducking.
Did he?

Hamed was at 126 and Floyd was at 130

I recall Floyd wanting to fight Hamed only at 130

It wouldnt have been nice to see honestly, Floyd would have had a 4” height advantage and I beleive an 8” reach advantage, Barrera literally turned into a boxer for Hamed and schooled him

Hamed would have looked like a fool against Floyd so I seriously doubt he ducked Hamed

Floyd never fought a long, athletic and talented fighter in their prime like TC.
I love TC but who exactly did he beat thats long, athletic and talented fighter in their prime?

Crawford makes it interesting at times, but Floyd beats him rather cleanly

I love TC but who exactly did he beat thats long, athletic and talented fighter in their prime?

I never claimed TC would beat him, but I think it's a more interesting matchup then people think.

I never claimed TC would beat him, but I think it's a more interesting matchup then people think.

TC's run at 147 should be really interesting and telling. Not TC's fault, but the competition at 135 and 140 for him were quite weak. Castillo and Corrales at 135 are >>> any of TC's wins at 135 and 140, IMO. Both I feel are better win than Jeff Horn also.

TC and Spence need to hurrt up and fight each other. I think it was Spence who said he wasn't even thinking of TC until he is done with the PBC fighters. Garcia/Porter winner will likely fight Thurman after Thurman's warm up or two. Gonna delay the division a bit.

Ideally, Spence will fight the winner of Porter/Garcia, while Keith has his comeback, then fights the winner of Spence's fight. Then the winner of that fights TC. Won't happen tho.

Also on boxrec, Floyd and TC are the same height, with Floyd having a 2 in reach adv.

TC's run at 147 should be really interesting and telling. Not TC's fault, but the competition at 135 and 140 for him were quite weak. Castillo and Corrales at 135 are >>> any of TC's wins at 135 and 140, IMO. Both I feel are better win than Jeff Horn also.

TC and Spence need to hurrt up and fight each other. I think it was Spence who said he wasn't even thinking of TC until he is done with the PBC fighters. Garcia/Porter winner will likely fight Thurman after Thurman's warm up or two. Gonna delay the division a bit.

Ideally, Spence will fight the winner of Porter/Garcia, while Keith has his comeback, then fights the winner of Spence's fight. Then the winner of that fights TC. Won't happen tho.

Also on boxrec, Floyd and TC are the same height, with Floyd having a 2 in reach adv.
Well Spence says that because he's with Haymon and theres not gonna be any trouble making fights with Porter/Garcia, Mikey Garcia, or Thurman if he's healthy. All are money fights for Spence with the Mikey Garcia fight being the only real PPV fight.

and the biggest reason is TC is with Top Rank, and for them two to work together, the money has to really be there for PPV. Neither are huge box office stars yet, TC doesn't have the opponents available to him but he does have the ESPN deal which is huge. I honestly don't see that fight happening before Fall 2020 at earliest

Last edited:
Its boxing the big fights happen maybe 25% of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back