Floyd Mayweather Sr watches McGregor vs Alvarez

Problem24/7

@Orange
Reaction score

The reporter shows him the fight @ 2:22

"A jab would take care of his ass all day, all he gonna be trying to do is slide and get in."

"I think Conor McGregor is a talker and not a doer. Whatever he did in MMA, they not going to let him get away with all that stuff (in Boxing). I'm just telling you right now."

"Floyd can hit him with jabs all night and cut him up."

"I ain't gonna say his fundamentals are all that good. I don't think his fundamentals are bad but I think you gotta understand his fundamentals aren't up there with the man either (Floyd). You got levels. My son gonna cut his beard for him."

lol @ "my son is gonna cut his beard for him"

Floyd Sr. is hilarious

"I ain't gonna say his fundamentals are all that good. I don't think his fundamentals are bad but I think you gotta understand his fundamentals aren't up there with the man either (Floyd). You got levels. My son gonna cut his beard for him."

At least he didn't completely trash him. He made an honest assessment.

Surprisingly coherent for Floyd Snr.

Still talking absolute shite though.

conor never uses a jab thats the big glaring thing in his game that i would like him to use more it would of kept diaz off of him if he had one

Conor won't get near boxing with his C-level athleticism. He can't even handle 3 rounds in MMA without gassing LMAOOO

Whoever wrote the transcript for this needs some sort of medal in translation.

btw Mayweather Sr is kind of a quitter when it comes to coaching boxers. Did you see him when he cornered Ricky Hatton in the Pac fight? I mean, no amount of advice would have saved Hatton but Mayweather Sr did him no favors in between the first and second.

Floyd Sr. makes Larry Merchant sound like Ryan Seacrest.

conor can't do his MMA stuff in boxing.

deep tactical analysis there by papa may.

Amazing watching Floyd sr dissecting his boxing. Floyd sr would ko kavannagh in a boxing match with no camp needed.

Correction.

He said: "I aint gonna say that his fundamentals aint all that good. I don't think his fundamentals are bad, but I think that, you gotta understand, his fundamentals aint up there with the man either"

Which is actually quite a compliment all things considered. He laughed at Conor putting his hands behind his back too.

Last edited:

The reporter shows him the fight @ 2:22

"A jab would take care of his ass all day, all he gonna be trying to do is slide and get in."

"I think Conor McGregor is a talker and not a doer. Whatever he did in MMA, they not going to let him get away with all that stuff (in Boxing). I'm just telling you right now."

"Floyd can hit him with jabs all night and cut him up."

he looked amazed and shook when he saw conor smashing eddie

Any boxing trainer is going to give a biased opinion on it anyway because they want to salvage their dying sport. Don't get me wrong Floyd is miles ahead of Conor but it would be nice to see someone who respects both genres give analysis.

Conor has above average boxing in MMA. But he would get schooled by floyd badly.

Can someone please translate mumbled labatomese for me...

Cause I haven't a fuckin clue what the hell he said.

Lol he looked concerned when he saw Edward getting dropped and slept, knowing that's what would happen to his son.

Back