Flower sweep to triangle, thoughts?

If I'm trying to flower sweep my opponent to my left, I usually lock up their right arm so they can't post. However If I'm trying to set up the triangle I just pretend to lock a grip on their right arm and let it go as I'm trying to sweep. When they reach out to post, that usually leaves a lot of space for me to shoot my left up and over the back of their neck for the triangle position.

The one that Vinny does seems a little bit harder with more steps and I forgot which one Ryan teaches on his dvd. Haven't watched the dvd in a while.

If I'm trying to flower sweep my opponent to my left, I usually lock up their right arm so they can't post. However If I'm trying to set up the triangle I just pretend to lock a grip on their right arm and let it go as I'm trying to sweep. When they reach out to post, that usually leaves a lot of space for me to shoot my left up and over the back of their neck for the triangle position.

The one that Vinny does seems a little bit harder with more steps and I forgot which one Ryan teaches on his dvd. Haven't watched the dvd in a while.

Ryan basically seems to teach it as you describe.
Basically when you do a sweep, you want their hand on the mat so the letting your grip loose so he can base out is what you want.
Going to start trying this more and more in sparring this and next week.

I knew I saw it somewhere. I think Ybot also posted a video of him teaching this technique recently as well.

this is one of my go to attacks, love it

Ehhhhh I don't like that setup at all. I am pretty good at the flower/Pendulum sweep, and Fedor armbar, so its one of my main attacks. And the only time that I get the triangle is when I'm swinging for the armbar, and they get nervous and pull there arm out lol.

Back