Flaws/plot holes in otherwise good movies.

In Braveheart, a young William Wallace throws rocks left handed, however an adult William Wallace throws right handed. That's just one flaw in the continuity of that movie.

William Wallace in real life, was a lowland scot, not a highlander as the movie protrays him.

Sixth Sense had ridiculous plot holes in that Bruce Willis was constantly in scenes with his wife/others and never noticed that the only person he was interacting with for months was a little boy who sees ghosts..

What ruined the Sixth Sense for me was how the ghosts were "friendly" once you got to know them.
It was completely anti-climatic for me since I was expecting some type of poltergeist or some Amityville horror type spirits.
But nope! We get the dumbed down, ultra-happy Disney version of the Shining.

In DK Rises when the cops get let out of the underground, they are all ok. They were basically underground with limited food, water etc for quite some time.

They were down there for months... and they all come up to the surface being clean-shaven.

Sixth Sense had ridiculous plot holes in that Bruce Willis was constantly in scenes with his wife/others and never noticed that the only person he was interacting with for months was a little boy who sees ghosts..

Without eating, drinking, sleeping, shitting, pissing, changing his clothes, ever looking in a mirror.

Never understood why that film was so lauded.

Without eating, drinking, sleeping, shitting, pissing, changing his clothes, ever looking in a mirror.

Never understood why that film was so lauded.

Unlike Signs, where the absurd plot lines jumped right out and hit you smack in the face like a water cannon, Sixth Sense required a brief period of reflection upon finishing the film to draw out the inane holes in an otherwise seemingly clever film.

William Wallace in real life, was a lowland scot, not a highlander as the movie protrays him.

He was also 6'6, which for the time was an absolute giant. Mel Gibson is like 5'9. That always cracked me up.

Sounds like Tom Cruise would have been a better William Wallace.

Interesting thread concept.

The Dark Knight Rises should have a thread like this of its own. Ugh... don't even get me started on that movie...

His ghost didn't want to face facts. That is a common ailment of ghosts, as explained in the movie.

His ghost didn't want to face facts. That is a common ailment of ghosts, as explained in the movie.

Bingo. They even explained it in the movie. Ghosts only see what they want to see, like the basement door. He couldn't open it and didn't know why, he couldn't see the table/desk/whatever it was blocking the door until after he realized he was dead. For all the interactions he had with other people he could have simply imagined all of them or just been reliving old memories the whole time.

Bingo. They even explained it in the movie. Ghosts only see what they want to see, like the basement door. He couldn't open it and didn't know why, he couldn't see the table/desk/whatever it was blocking the door until after he realized he was dead. For all the interactions he had with other people he could have simply imagined all of them or just been reliving old memories the whole time.

They weren't old memories. They were occurrences after he had died. He sat at that restaurant with his wife, at their apartment, at Cole's apt, etc.

It's a gigantic leap to conclude he was blissfully unaware that he could only communicate with Cole.

Somehow I was really enjoying Sings until the last 20mins or so of the movie. It had suspense, and eerie feeling all the time and the awkwardness of the family. It was like their own miseries were bigger than the fact that an alien race was invading earth, and they didn't even care.

It's basically the same with war of the worlds. I enjoyed the movie, at least most of it.

Office Space.

So, Milton burns the building down after finding that check. Aren't checks written out to 'pay to the order of'? Or he slipped it under the door blank so someone random could do what they wanted with it?

And ok, the building is gone and now the main character is a firefighter cleaning up the wreckage. Do you know what it takes to become a fireman in the 1st place? There is a waiting period, a rough, physical training period and a competitive environment and this out of shape looking former paper pusher got a job there???

Office Space.

So, Milton burns the building down after finding that check. Aren't checks written out to 'pay to the order of'? Or he slipped it under the door blank so someone random could do what they wanted with it?

And ok, the building is gone and now the main character is a firefighter cleaning up the wreckage. Do you know what it takes to become a fireman in the 1st place? There is a waiting period, a rough, physical training period and a competitive environment and this out of shape looking former paper pusher got a job there???

He's not a Fireman.

He gets a job with Lawrence who is a construction worker.

They are just doing manual labour.

Somehow I was really enjoying Sings until the last 20mins or so of the movie. It had suspense, and eerie feeling all the time and the awkwardness of the family. It was like their own miseries were bigger than the fact that an alien race was invading earth, and they didn't even care.

It's basically the same with war of the worlds. I enjoyed the movie, at least most of it.

Signs had a really good premise but the ending was just so terrible.

War of the Worlds had a been there done that premise but I actually liked that ending.

He's not a Fireman.

He gets a job with Lawrence who is a construction worker.

They are just doing manual labour.

Hmmmm, it has been a while. When the camera pans on him and he takes a deep breath of air I remember a fire helmet and jacket. Better re-watch it sometime, fun film anyway.

I thought he bought a money order in Office Space?

I don't think they had all that money in a checking account. Or maybe he did just write a check and left the Pay to: field blank. He wasn't a smart criminal.

It's a gigantic leap to conclude he was blissfully unaware that he could only communicate with Cole.

what are you on about? its a movie about ghosts bro, all ghost movies make up their own 'rules', so it doesnt make sense to complain about it, when its fairly consistent throughout i think.

Office Space.

Wait what? They were travelers checks and Peter didn't become a fireman. If you are going to go on a long rant against a movie, at least try to get a few of your facts right.

Back