1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Flashback to original fight plan for Conor v Dustin 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by honzo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. honzo Black Belt

Screenshot_20210413-082658~2.png Screenshot_20210413-083646.png Screenshot_20210413-082801~2.png

I am beating a dead horse however some morons don't get it (they probably still won't after this thread). Those are Conor's tweets for a charity fight with Dustin, a fight he instigated.

It was Conor's idea to donate to Dustin's charity (not Dustin's). He wanted to do a charity fight without the UFC (because he was pissed at Dana). Conor was quoted saying 'Dustin I admire your philanthropy' and 'charity fight, donations welcome'.

He's happy to accept donations with zero 'business plans' about where those donations will go, he hadn't even listed any charities except for Dustin's.

It's strange he's now asking for a business plan when HE INSTIGATED the donation and credited Dustin for his charity work......
    now he's basically saying he doesn't respect his philanthropy and his charity is a shell company??? I'm confused.

He was a baby when Dana didn't give him what he wanted but using a charity as a way to negotiate a fight and then not paying that charity is wrong (I wrote more previously but I didn't want to get in trouble for fighters bashing)

2. xXxGhost89xXx Purple Belt

3. Ackmed Black Belt

He may have made the donation had he won the fight. He was too confident in his chances when he pledged $500K. Losing the fight then donating without a win bonus is like being KO'd twice

LDC93 likes this.
  4. TR1 Red Belt

[​IMG]

swarrrm likes this.
  5. PatrickBatemanVHS Blue Belt

Conor isn’t a very good person. This is not new information.

Death By Samson likes this.
  6. swarrrm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shorinji likes this.
  7. azhiker Don't give a... Platinum Member

How funny. Like Conor's respect means jack shit.

honzo likes this.
  8. FIghtxIQ Brown Belt

That was to bypass UFC that's why it was labeled as a spar and they wouldn't be getting paid directly for the fight, it was going to be to the charities and sponsors.

9. mudrubble Yellow Card Yellow Card

Dude, that was BEFORE he got KO'd. The world looks a lot different after waking up on his back, looking up at Dustin's gloves. The Conor who does THAT isn't interested in supporting Dustin's charity anymore.

You make it sound like breaking a promise to give to charity isn't classy.

Personally, if a man makes me a promise and I go to collect I expect him to add on a bunch of stipulations and to ignore my emails. That's what a promise is - a moving goal post. Try to catch it!

10. MadNIghtKing Purple Belt

I can almost hear McGregor before the last punch lands say “It’s only exhibition.”

11. honzo Black Belt

I feel as though if he likes you it automatically downgrades your moral status.

12. Sage NorthGOAT The OG Double Champ

<bball2>

uppercutbus likes this.