Fix Ufc 229s main card

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Everyone's throwing a fit about how weak the main card is to support Conor vs Khabib. There has only been 6 match ups announced so it's possible the card could get a lot better.

My idea

Ufc 229
Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov lw title fight
Tony Ferguson vs Anthony Pettis
Kevin Lee vs Eddie Alvarez- would have to resign Alvarez
Alex Volkov vs Derrick Lewis
Dominick Reyes vs Osp

As long as they add a Tferg and Kevin LEE fight the card is pretty fucking good.

Anybody bitching about a card that is not finalized is a fool.

It certainly might suck but there are 6 fights out of a total of 12 that are listed so far

But lets cry ...
ANARCHY

They realized that they don't need to stack the card for it to sell. They just need Conor to fight. Basically turning into boxing.

Lee has to fight period itle be al more than likely

They realized that they don't need to stack the card for it to sell. They just need Conor to fight. Basically turning into boxing.
Dana White's boxing promotional back ground hurts MMA at this point in it's evolution. He thinks like they do. Hardcore MMA fans(not a huge fan of this term, but use it for a lack of a better one *shrugs*) don't care so much about belts or circus shenanigans, they care about quality match-ups. While appeasing the casuals does make big money all in one shot, it's short-sighted. The hardcore's are what drive the sport. They're the one's talking about it, increasing the sports relevance and legitimacy to the mass populace. For long-term success, it would serve them well to be reminded of this. Point being I think most of us have always watched different MMA promotions(UFC in particular) because they put on great cards top to bottom. Sure, you're going to have cards that don't fit that script occasionally albeit poor match-making, poor promoting, or poor performances out of the fighters themselves. It just seems to be a trend lately where they're too money hungry and feel they need these epic paydays(Bork, CM Punk, etc.). Probably in part having to do with the 4B+ WME paid for the UFC. But I digress. I'll just wrap it up with, get rid of Dana's influence on the sport. Let him have his shares of the company and live comfortably. Shit, even let him continue his shows. But his influence on promoting and how to treat fighters is something that should come to an end. That, and bring back legendary match-maker Joe Silva would solve a lot.

Dana White's boxing promotional back ground hurts MMA at this point in it's evolution. He thinks like they do. Hardcore MMA fans(not a huge fan of this term, but use it for a lack of a better one *shrugs*) don't care so much about belts or circus shenanigans, they care about quality match-ups. While appeasing the casuals does make big money all in one shot, it's short-sighted. The hardcore's are what drive the sport. They're the one's talking about it, increasing the sports relevance and legitimacy to the mass populace. For long-term success, it would serve them well to be reminded of this. Point being I think most of us have always watched different MMA promotions(UFC in particular) because they put on great cards top to bottom. Sure, you're going to have cards that don't fit that script occasionally albeit poor match-making, poor promoting, or poor performances out of the fighters themselves. It just seems to be a trend lately where they're too money hungry and feel they need these epic paydays(Bork, CM Punk, etc.). Probably in part having to do with the 4B+ WME paid for the UFC. But I digress. I'll just wrap it up with, get rid of Dana's influence on the sport. Let him have his shares of the company and live comfortably. Shit, even let him continue his shows. But his influence on promoting and how to treat fighters is something that should come to an end. That, and bring back legendary match-maker Joe Silva would solve a lot.

Literally like 95/100 title shots are based on merit. Youre entire premise is false as it's not great cards that makes the Ufc money, it's mega stars. Right now the Ufc has none. With Diaz, Conor and Brock set to return things are going to change quickly

too late theey already spoiled us . anything other than a supercard building to the main event is disappointing

Conor vs Khabib
Brock vs DC
GSP vs Anderson
Nate vs Dustin
Romero vs Gus
Aldo vs BJ

Card saved. UFC saved.

Anybody bitching about a card that is not finalized is a fool.

It certainly might suck but there are 6 fights out of a total of 12 that are listed so far

But lets cry ...
ANARCHY
Usually the best fights get added first. When do they add big names last minute?

I doubt whatever they add will be better than what's already on it.

Usually the best fights get added first. When do they add big names last minute?

I doubt whatever they add will be better than what's already on it.

Come on man
You thought the 6 cards on the website were the main card definitely

You jumped the gun

Wait until September before bitching about what you don't know lol

Dana said he wants T-Feg or another back up fight & Derrick Lewis is supposed to be on
That is two more top fights

Everyone's throwing a fit about how weak the main card is to support Conor vs Khabib. There has only been 6 match ups announced so it's possible the card could get a lot better.

My idea

Ufc 229
Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov lw title fight
Tony Ferguson vs Anthony Pettis
Kevin Lee vs Eddie Alvarez- would have to resign Alvarez
Alex Volkov vs Derrick Lewis
Dominick Reyes vs Osp

As long as they add a Tferg and Kevin LEE fight the card is pretty fucking good.
That’s a solid lineup. I’d hate for them to soley rely on Conor to sell this card, because then it would feel like you’re spending $70 on 1-2 dudes, and that would be disappointing.

Literally like 95/100 title shots are based on merit. Youre entire premise is false as it's not great cards that makes the Ufc money, it's mega stars. Right now the Ufc has none. With Diaz, Conor and Brock set to return things are going to change quickly
How much money do you get to post here?o_O

They could put all WMMA and CM punk fights on the main and I won’t complain at bit... Conor vs Khabib is worth the 65 to me

How much money do you get to post here?o_O

You listed 3 examples over years and years of fights.

I fucking love u post Ronda and Conor nerds who are too fucking stupid to realize Zuffa did all the exact same fucking shit WME is now doing

Ferguson got cleared today. He's probably no where close to fight shape and starting a camp on 7 weeks notice would be moronic.

He'll probably do it.

You listed 3 examples over years and years of fights.

I fucking love u post Ronda and Conor nerds who are too fucking stupid to realize Zuffa did all the exact same fucking shit WME is now doing
So, a lot?

Back