fish

mtc_dave

White Belt
Reaction score
for those of you that eat fish as part of your regular diet, what type of fish you usually eat. I'm not big on tuna or salmon. I've been eating talapia and catfish mostly cooked on my George Foreman.

thx
d

Fish is great.

I like:

Saugeye/Walleye
Catfish
Swordfish
Thresher Shark
Salmon
Trout
And any kind of bass. Even whitebass if you cut out the red meat.

I've had Tilapia once, but didn't like it very much. Maybe just the way it was prepared.

Usually I pick up some fresh shrimp when I go shopping as well.

Wild salmon, occasional canned tuna, talapia, sometimes orange roughy.

There's a few decent lists floating around charting various types of fish a mercury levels; I think shark and swordfish are right near the top.

As a note, buy wild salmon versus farmed; better O3 ratio.

There's a few decent lists floating around charting various types of fish a mercury levels; I think shark and swordfish are right near the top.

Ya, I've heard that the mercury level in shark is very high. I've never looked into it too much though. I don't like fish so I only eat it when my wife makes it for the most part. Salmon, tuna, & tilapia are probably the most common for me. I have no idea what an

Besides Tuna, salmon and talapia. I wlll occasionally eat Yellow-tail when I can afford it but the big three mentioned are the cheapest and easiest to buy.

I hate tuna but I am a big fan of seabass.

I'm eating some Mahi Mahi this week with a few dinners, great stuff.

I think shark and swordfish are right near the top.

Absolutely true. I should say that I ranked my list based on what I felt taste the best.

I eat shark or swordfish maybe once every couple months. The lower you go in the food chain the less mercury you will get. So don't go eating shark and swordfish every day because some noob loser on Sherdog told you to. :icon_chee

I think my personal favorite is halibut, followed closely by Salmon. I can eat Tuna without too much problem. Catfish if properly seasoned is pretty awesome. Mahi-mahi didn't taste like anything to me, so I don't think I'll eat it again. It just tasted like meat. Bland meat.

Halibut is delicious but often overpriced, if you can get it on sale or close to expiration, it's well worth it.

I mainly stick to tilapia and salmon, fresh tuna steaks are a bit too rich for my blood.

I like wild salmon, orange roughy and mahi mahi. Sometimes light canned tuna for convenience. I tried tilapia and didn't care for it. Then I found out they're basically shit-eaters and wasn't sorry I steered away from that one.

I have salmon everyday (work perks ftw).

And yes, wild salmon over farmed is a must if given the choice. This is one of the reasons for why I choose to shop at Whole Foods for 95% of my grocery needs.

Back