• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"First to sweep diaz in 5 years"

first to sweep diaz in 5 years its an indisputable fact

No, actually, it isn't because at no point does Conor sweep Diaz. I have no idea what this thread is about. Just watched the fight.

First round, Diaz takes Conor down, but he's standing on his feet, trying to punch him and Conor does a takedown. That's not a sweep.

Conor goes to take down Diaz, Diaz tries to fall back into a guillotine - that's not a sweep.
Conor tries to avoid the guard and esablish side control - he's been on top, that's not a sweep.
Conor GETS SWEPT by Diaz.
Diaz locks his shoulder, steps over and mounts.
Conor gives up his back, Diaz chokes him out.

At no point in the fight does Conor sweep Diaz. WTF are you all talking about, or did this happen on the video game version?

No, actually, it isn't because at no point does Conor sweep Diaz. I have no idea what this thread is about. Just watched the fight.

First round, Diaz takes Conor down, but he's standing on his feet, trying to punch him and Conor does a takedown. That's not a sweep.

Conor goes to take down Diaz, Diaz tries to fall back into a guillotine - that's not a sweep.
Conor tries to avoid the guard and esablish side control - he's been on top, that's not a sweep.
Conor GETS SWEPT by Diaz.
Diaz locks his shoulder, steps over and mounts.
Conor gives up his back, Diaz chokes him out.

At no point in the fight does Conor sweep Diaz. WTF are you all talking about, or did this happen on the video game version?
u must have never trained the jitz lol. bum

u must have never trained the jitz lol. bum

Plenty of submission grappling training. Nate's never in top position, he didn't go to ground there, when he was standing and trying to punch Conor.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but this is MMA. Standing over a guy and punching his head is not actually BJJ, is it?

Plenty of submission grappling training. Nate's never in top position, he didn't go to ground there, when he was standing and trying to punch Conor.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but this is MMA. Standing over a guy and punching his head is not actually BJJ, is it?
conor clearly swept and dominated nayt. get over it bum

Biggest retarded myth on here. Nate could've easily followed him down off the TD but chose to remain on his feet to land a few shots. He was off balance and didn't put up any resistance when Conor swept because Nate didn't care. Let's not make it to be more than it is.
People are desperate to salvage something positive

You're right

"Dominated him for the rest of the round."

That was an awesome 25 seconds of not landing a single strike or having any kind of a control position.

INB4 "Nayt let it happen"

edit: Too late

You honestly believe that in a BJJ fight, Conor would even be remotely competitive with Diaz?
Is this the small victory you need to hold on to so you can sleep at night?

This whole thread =
200_s.gif

Maybe you'll learn to read when you're no longer a white belt, but TS was talking about a sweep, not about who lost. Classic "today" join date white belt post, maintaining the proud tradition there buddy.

Thanks for the info.

3zIHVEZ.gif

You honestly believe that in a BJJ fight, Conor would even be remotely competitive with Diaz?
When did I state that?

I believe Diaz got swept and that people seem upset about it, you seem to be one of those people since you will go as far as putting words in my mouth.

When did I state that?

I believe Diaz got swept and that people seem upset about it, you seem to be one of those people since you will go as far as putting words in my mouth.

Ok, let me rephrase... do you honestly believe that if Nate wanted to, he still would not have been able to stop Conor from "sweeping" him?

Edited the original post to see if maybe some can answer my question.

The ufc put out a tweet saying Connor wasn't dominated on the ground because he was the first to sweep nate in five years. That looks like a kind of stupid statement because Connor may have been the only person to give nate top position in the last five years therefor the only one who had a chance to even attempt a sweep.

Diaz is the first to make Conor abandon his striking game and turn into a panic wrassler in his whole MMA career.

Maybe you'll learn to read when you're no longer a white belt, but TS was talking about a sweep, not about who lost. Classic "today" join date white belt post, maintaining the proud tradition there buddy.

Isn't that cute, March 2016 Conor nuthugger account commenting on join date.

Back