First Muay Thai Fight..

DonKal

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Any tips or pointers im havvibg my first fight over here in thailand pretty excited but a little nervous just wondering if anyone can help me from there previous expiriences.. fucke thing is i dont even know who im fighting.. phuket is something different lol

Hands down, chin up, don't block and throw any body kicks cause they don't count for much in Muay Thai scoring

Hands down, chin up, don't block and throw any body kicks cause they don't count for much in Muay Thai scoring
lmao your an idiot hahhaah actually not bad advice when opposite

Couple of my fights in thailand i had no idea who i was figthing and didnt really care. As long as you have trained good you will do just fine. Just remeber to breathe and dont try to stress the ko.
First fights its hard to really think about anything u will just throw shit without thinking. Try to fight like you do in sparring just harder:) This will go just fine!

Try to use basics and dont try any fancy shit. Block and kick block and kick.!! And for the love of buddha/odin etc dont punch in the clinch lol. Try to work your hands on the inside or push their face in. Dont start throwing bodyhooks in the clinch lol

Couple of my fights in thailand i had no idea who i was figthing and didnt really care. As long as you have trained good you will do just fine. Just remeber to breathe and dont try to stress the ko.
First fights its hard to really think about anything u will just throw shit without thinking. Try to fight like you do in sparring just harder:) This will go just fine!

Try to use basics and dont try any fancy shit. Block and kick block and kick.!! And for the love of buddha/odin etc dont punch in the clinch lol. Try to work your hands on the inside or push their face in. Dont start throwing bodyhooks in the clinch lol
yeah in the clinch ill just look for knees sweeps and elbows man thanks for your advice be good to get the early KO but not gonna push to hard for it hopefully it just comes by the 3rd round.. and im guessing you fought in patong boxing stadium if you didnt know who you were fighting haahahah ;) but yeah i dont really care that i dont know who im fighting but its just weird for my first one but i feel well prepared and on saturday im ready for war win or lose!!!!!

yeah in the clinch ill just look for knees sweeps and elbows man thanks for your advice be good to get the early KO but not gonna push to hard for it hopefully it just comes by the 3rd round.. and im guessing you fought in patong boxing stadium if you didnt know who you were fighting haahahah ;) but yeah i dont really care that i dont know who im fighting but its just weird for my first one but i feel well prepared and on saturday im ready for war win or lose!!!!!
Ive trained in phuket a bunch of times but they always send me to some damn island to fight lol.
Been sent to khao lak koh lanta koh samui koh phangnan etc to fight some unkown :p
You gonna love the experience bro. Your nervousness will go away as soon as u step in over the ropes. Its the greatest feeling in the world entering the sacred square. I have to get back to fighting damn :) Good kuck bro be sure to update us!
And if the guy is a beast in the clinch which i doubt since its your first one just go for a strong bodyclinch bearhug and either throw him or push him up to the ropes so ref breaks it.

Try to understand how muay thai is scored and then follow your trainers instructors and try to do your best.

Ive trained in phuket a bunch of times but they always send me to some damn island to fight lol.
Been sent to khao lak koh lanta koh samui koh phangnan etc to fight some unkown :p
You gonna love the experience bro. Your nervousness will go away as soon as u step in over the ropes. Its the greatest feeling in the world entering the sacred square. I have to get back to fighting damn :) Good kuck bro be sure to update us!
And if the guy is a beast in the clinch which i doubt since its your first one just go for a strong bodyclinch bearhug and either throw him or push him up to the ropes so ref breaks it.
thanks heaps the nerves are going and im getting real excited now only 2days i found out its a thai guy so probably will be better in the clinch so ill take that advice ahhaa and will update you in 3 days on the result... win or lose it shall be a war and something to remember haha

i found out its a thai guy so probably will be better in the clinch

if your fighting in bangla chances are he will also be better at making Pat Thai or driving a tuk tuk :p :D

Which stadium you fighting? Bangla or Patong?

Just relax and breathe bro, and remember this is all that you come for!

if your fighting in bangla chances are he will also be better at making Pat Thai or driving a tuk tuk :p :D
hahaha love me some pad thai hahhaha but its at sainamyen stadium not bangla

Which stadium you fighting? Bangla or Patong?

Just relax and breathe bro, and remember this is all that you come for!
patong on sainanyem rd and yeah hopefully i dont get that dreaded adrenaline dump i always hear about and just stay calm and a finish eventually comes

Who your fighting? I lost a heated disputed decision with my corner and the judges, against a Thai there. So be sure you get a KO/TKO within 5rds.

Watch out for elbows and be sure to treat it seriously. If the guy is out of shape, then he will come out strong within 3rds and the elbows will fly.

Who your fighting? I lost a heated disputed decision with my corner and the judges, against a Thai there. So be sure you get a KO/TKO within 5rds.

Watch out for elbows and be sure to treat it seriously. If the guy is out of shape, then he will come out strong within 3rds and the elbows will fly.
im quiet large so im assuming he will be out of shape not to sure though.. like im 85kgs 187cms and yeah im really hoping for the ko ive hearf many times where farang get robbed there but my coach is promoter so maybe not..

all i can do now is hope all the hard work ive put inn pays off!!

im quiet large so im assuming he will be out of shape not to sure though.. like im 85kgs 187cms and yeah im really hoping for the ko ive hearf many times where farang get robbed there but my coach is promoter so maybe not..
I think westerners lose because they dont understand thai scoring. You should really listen to your trainer.

If you get the chance to get a ko, go for it. But dont be head hunting all the time because unless you get the KO you will get out scored. You could be lucky and get a KO but head hunting also increases risk of you gettinh KO'd

I think westerners lose because they dont understand thai scoring. You should really listen to your trainer.

If you get the chance to get a ko, go for it. But dont be head hunting all the time because unless you get the KO you will get out scored. You could be lucky and get a KO but head hunting also increases risk of you gettinh KO'd
i know knees kicks and elbows scoremuchbhigher than punches especially in the clinch and sweeps are good for points to im not gonna head hunt but if i see a ko coming im goin guns blazing haha wij or lose i want it to be a exciting fight

Hey man i won 2nd round ko droppef hin with down elbows in the clinch and the finished witha knee to the hesd 30 seconds later he was actually lsrge for a thai wasnt expecting it andhes had bout 100 fights so good win though he did split me ooen in 2 spots with elbows in the first round i cane out strong in the second and stopped his annoying clinch with those elbows.. hsve a feeling in gonna be s bit sore tomorrow though

Back