• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First MMA Fight In 9 Days

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So at age of 24 il b taking my first amatuer mma fight in 9 days. I have 9 years boxing experience and almost 100 amatuer boxing bouts. I got my blue belt in jiu jitsu last September and have competed loads in jiu jitus also gi and nogi. I am basically going in with straight boxing and jiu jitsu i do not have an mma gym but i train twice a day every day. Is this good enough to take an amatuer mma fight?

youll do fine boxing is very lacking in mma your striking will be fine blue belt levels vary if you like being on top go for a takedown. if you want if your a guard player try to stay on the feet at all cost.

if u like i can link you to some good takedown defense vids against the fence you can try to drill with some friends to better help prepare you cages are small at local shows not lots of room to movearound so you more than likely will get against it at some point

youll do fine boxing is very lacking in mma your striking will be fine blue belt levels vary if you like being on top go for a takedown. if you want if your a guard player try to stay on the feet at all cost.

if u like i can link you to some good takedown defense vids against the fence you can try to drill with some friends to better help prepare you cages are small at local shows not lots of room to movearound so you more than likely will get against it at some point
Thank you il do my best!

Thank you il do my best!

what type of boxer are you? mma is my life tbh i study it religiously even when im not coaching im quite obsessed and been for the past 12 years do you know who you are fighting and is style or any matchhes of his? to formulate a proper game plan?

the cool thing unique about this sport is u can almost beat anyone with the proper gameplan if the skill levels arnt to drastically different

Yep, sounds like a solid skillset for an amateur fight. Hope you have a coach in your corner though Hell, depending on your location a bluebelt alone could let you Damian Maia your way through a few fights.

Just don't let your back touch the fence since it sounds like you likely don't train in a cage and will lack takedown defense principles for dealing with the wall.

You are overqualified for the job, I honestly feel bad for the kid you are going to face, I hope it isn't his first mma bout.

Unless the guy is a really good wrestler I think you got this, good luck man.

You got this. Hands up, chin down, feet moving. Have fun!

You should walk through your opponent. Honestly if I was your opponents coach I'd be pretty about sandbagging

If you're being totally honest about your boxing experience & your BJJ belt ranking then you should be too much for almost anyone you'll face in your amateur MMA debut unless they've matched you with a really high-level wrestler. Then you might have your work cut out for you but I doubt if that's the case.
Just remember to use your jab. It's a horribly underused punch in MMA & if you use it you can dominate a fight & make easy work of your opponent. And, don't neglect the body.
Best of luck, man.

You should walk through your opponent. Honestly if I was your opponents coach I'd be pretty about sandbagging

well tbh it isnt really sand bagging hes never fought amateur mma hes only a blue n bjj which is average for amateur mma skill sets hes got great boxing for amateur but id not call it sand bagging in my state u cant even turn pro till 7 amateur wins

well tbh it isnt really sand bagging hes never fought amateur mma hes only a blue n bjj which is average for amateur mma skill sets hes got great boxing for amateur but id not call it sand bagging in my state u cant even turn pro till 7 amateur wins
He has 100 ammy boxing matches. He should really be fighting someone with 4-5 wins.

Lol 100 fights. Why didn’t you continue to box and turn pro? Just bored? It’s funny because my plan is the same as yours, only I’ve been boxing off/on for 6 years and have 3 amateur fights and am a two stripe white belt. Taking my time to go in and box in the cage lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back