first impressions

jfak

White Belt
Reaction score
well I got my order in from ringside today(Ringside IMF, and the internationals) and took them train with me
to start off the blue internationals, wow... these gloves feel great they have a nice fit to them not too snug, but just right the leather feels really good very pliable as is the foam true sparring gloves imo. these gloves have technically the same dimensions of the imf's they're not as big as some people made them out to be. These gloves felt real good when sparring and no one complained i did a total of seven rounds four of which I did with the internationals.

Onto the Imf's these gloves i was a bit disappointed on how they felt right out of the box very stiff gloves and the leathers quality doesn't seem to be on par with the intern.'s, and they felt to be very snug, for a while well after just a few rounds of sparring. i did 3 rounds of sparring with these gloves at first some guy was like "dude those are really stiff" this was before we sparred, but that soon changed the padding does a real good job of dissipating force and i found myself not being able to hurt him or for that matter back him off these glove do on the other hand feel more balanced than the internationals. I also noticed that the imf's don't have as much padding as the internationals another misconception i was left with after reading some reviews
I should add though that some one at my gym had the imf's and they felt really good I guess it is just a matter of breaking them in; he did state that he had a hell of a time breaking them in though
I will update it after some more training and after I get a hold of a camera

got any pics.....or links.....or anything to let us know which products you are talking about?

I own both those gloves. And they are very difernt beasts though. The IMFs I find are really forgiving on your partners, to the point like you mention of reducing your abiltiy to back them off.

The Internationals on the other hand although easy on your buddies have a better feel for giving punches. Not to the point of being punishing or annoying. I like them both and tend to switch between them depending on the day and what I'm in the mood for.

Both are worth the money

As far as the breakin on the IMFs give them a little time and keep using them. Mine still feel stiff but don't punch stiff if that makes any sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back