First Fight Video

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wanted to post my first fight for some criticism and hopefully some mild entertainment. Judges ended up giving me the nod, although I encourage you guys to come to your own conclusion.

Some background on me:
-Training almost 2 years
-Walk around 140
-Im obviously the manlet
-I live in Hawaii

Opponent:
-Kyokushin Karate background from Japan
-Now trains Muay Thai
-Walks around probably 130

Rules:
-No clinch, pretty much Glory rules.
-Three 1:30 minute rounds.

Last edited:
I dont really want an information overload in the criticism so if you guys could please keep it short and sweet and list only 1-2 major things I need to work on that would be great.

Things I noticed myself:
-Im head hunting with only power shots.
1:30 rounds, no such thing as pacing yourself... You pretty much have to go all out and try to hurt your opponent. Aggression and activity is highly rewarded in this type of time limit

-Hands extremely low and also need to be returned.

-Very close fight, when it ended I thought I lost the first two rounds. Looking back, I can see how in the moment the judges gave it to me based on ring control.
(In reality, the guy totally picked me apart in the first and probably the second)

-Jab was non-existent, and the times either of us threw a jab it was extremely effective

Thanks for watching guys.

Last edited:
i still dont know which one you are, so i guess this is more unbiased. but i thought the shorter guy won. funny he went for a takedown in the 1st. but it was a very close fight

Congratulations on your first fight!

Not bad, not bad at all. Obviously there are things to work on, as always.

You have strong and explosive legs, a good base and pretty good balance, especially when kicking. I liked your legkicks a lot. You are a bit to forward and aggressive without control at times, and the distance is hard to judge, but I understand you are tired. A little too over eager, a little too anxious(ties into the head hunting thing), which is also why you two guys were gassing hard. It's perfectly understandable with the nerves of it being your first fight, and the ultra short rounds. I liked your pressure, drag down and uppercut in the clinch as well. Lack of body work(not enough time to really make it pay off, but you can open his guard) and loss of distance/control is probably the two biggest drawbacks in this fight. Obviously the fundamentals always have to be worked.

I'd say you have the right idea. Good fight, evenly matched, but I thought you deserved the win. Keep training!

i still dont know which one you are, so i guess this is more unbiased. but i thought the shorter guy won. funny he went for a takedown in the 1st. but it was a very close fight

He's the shorter guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your first fight!

Not bad, not bad at all. Obviously there are things to work on, as always.

You have strong and explosive legs, a good base and pretty good balance, especially when kicking. I liked your legkicks a lot. You are a bit to forward and aggressive without control at times, and the distance is hard to judge, but I understand you are tired. A little too over eager, a little too anxious(ties into the head hunting thing), which is also why you too guys were gassing hard. It's perfectly understandable with the nerves of it being your first fight, and the ultra short rounds. I liked your pressure, drag down and uppercut in the clinch as well. Lack of body work(not enough time to really make it pay off, but you can open his guard) and loss of distance/control is probably the two biggest drawbacks in this fight. Obviously the fundamentals always have to be worked.

I'd say you have the right idea. Good fight, evenly matched, but I thought you deserved the win. Keep training!
Thank you very much Sano. I appreciated your advice in the weight cutting thread I posted as well dude. Honestly with that guy being so skinny, bodywork would have paid off almost immediately, even if he had good conditioning. I just didnt think of it at the time.. Too inexperienced.

I was also extremely frustrated in my lack of distance and allowing him to clinch me up every time I had him on the ropes. I was too focused on trying to smother him because his kicks were fucking me up. Just when I thought I was gonna get some good shots in I would basically run into him and get wayy too close. Good observation. It was actually very frustrating in the moment.

Last edited:
I think that was a cracking first fight from what else I've seen. You controlled the pace well and kept busy. Also liked how you sought out some good angles. In the first few rounds you got in and out with your combos nicely to avoid some kicks and replies but this petered out a bit as you gassed though, it turned into a bit of a bum fight by the end lol. I feel you should have also worked the body and mixed in knees and thrown more body kicks cos you seem to have plenty stability and flexibility.

I think that was a cracking first fight from what else I've seen. You controlled the pace well and kept busy. Also liked how you sought out some good angles. In the first few rounds you got in and out with your combos nicely to avoid some kicks and replies but this petered out a bit as you gassed though, it turned into a bit of a bum fight by the end lol. I feel you should have also worked the body and mixed in knees and thrown more body kicks cos you seem to have plenty stability and flexibility.

Thank you tug man. I could have done body punches for sure, that was kind of a failure on my part. But for some reason my left kick felt super weak and I dont wanna throw the right kick to the body because its super easy to catch. Maybe thats me speaking in MMA frame of mind or im just afraid to go down.

Also lold at bum fight in the 3rd. Kind of looks like it could have been a youtube street fight

Thank you very much Sano. I appreciated your advice in the weight cutting thread I posted as well dude. Honestly with that guy being so skinny, bodywork would have paid off almost immediately, even if he had good conditioning. I just didnt think of it at the time.. Too inexperienced.

I was also extremely frustrated in my lack of distance and allowing him to clinch me up every time I had him on the ropes. I was too focused on trying to smother him because his kicks were fucking me up. Just when I thought I was gonna get some good shots in I would basically run into him and get wayy too close. Good observation. It was actually very frustrating in the moment.

Yeah that is how it goes. I am not as athletic as you, but I did pretty much the same thing in my boxing debut. I like to pressure, but my sense of distance was crap(I was pretty bad overall lol) so I kept getting too close and smothering my shots.

Don't worry, it's a learning experience. If training and becoming a better fighter/person makes you happy, then keep doing it. Learn from your mistakes, put in the work and do your best. The chips fall where they may.

oh ok, I guess i picked brah as the winner. I take back what i said, i thought you definitely won lol. i was just being nice because I just thought you were the opponent, because you look japanese (lighter) and you said your opponent was from japan.

slick move to enter the ring too. thought you fought the right strategy vs a taller opponent, you got into the pocket. yeah maybe you could've gone to the body more, you had a lot of success with uppercut in the 3rd, and maybe could've used it more to avoid the clinch in 1st and 2nd. congrats on the win

oh ok, I guess i picked brah as the winner. I take back what i said, i thought you definitely won lol. i was just being nice because I just thought you were the opponent, because you look japanese (lighter) and you said your opponent was from japan.

slick move to enter the ring too. thought you fought the right strategy vs a taller opponent, you got into the pocket. yeah maybe you could've gone to the body more, you had a lot of success with uppercut in the 3rd, and maybe could've used it more to avoid the clinch in 1st and 2nd. congrats on the win
Oh thanks. That's nice to hear. I actually am Japanese but like 4th generation. The darker taller guy actually is from Japan and barely speaks English.

Thanks for watching dude

Back