First fight in The Garden

Leiurus

Tap Forged
@Blue
Reaction score
Dana says they have a fight
Who you recon they have lined up?

Jones, Silva both fighting late April/Early may, GS(mega draw)P and Nick (not that the UFC would ever trust him) Diaz are in March so some big names available for Autumn/Fall

Main event Silva/Jones?
Or would they go for a double: Silva/GSP and Bones/Mad Tex?

Somewhere on the card a big name boxer vs a big mma name?

MMA isn't even legal in NY, but Dana reserved the date at MSG for the 20th Anniversary of UFC.

It will either be GSP or the HW Championship, IMO. No one else is really as good of a draw as GSP and a HW Champ bout always seems like a big deal to boxing fans.

So, they're going to illegally host New York's first mma event?

This is as close as your going to get.

Nice takedown by harper. (not in the garden but still awesome)

Madison Square Garden? How are they going to get around the ban?

Madison Square Garden? How are they going to get around the ban?

Dana is making shit up again is my guess.
i think the dude more than likely did great things for the ufc, but i wouldnt be surprised if a real ceo needs to take over for the ufc to make the next step.

It will either be GSP or the HW Championship, IMO. No one else is really as good of a draw as GSP and a HW Champ bout always seems like a big deal to boxing fans.

I could see it being Jones as he is from New York (not the city, but still from New York) and is a pretty big name himself.

*face palm*

it was hypothetical

sorry, i should have been more literal

Dana has booked the venue and has said they have a fight ... meaning he is making plans for the eventuality that they do get it past the commission before the 20th anniversary date (not impossible as there are a few old codgers retiring)

if or should i say when it becomes legal, who you recon will fill the bill?

couture-fedor.

seriously though, i vote bones-spider

Super card gsp-silva, jbj-cormier, throw in a couple of hws that will bang and a couple #1 contender fights the whole planet will buy that

Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson and Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva as co-main.

On the insanely outside shot that this happens, I think you'd be silly to believe it wouldn't be a stacked card headlined by Jones.

Super card gsp-silva, jbj-cormier, throw in a couple of hws that will bang and a couple #1 contender fights the whole planet will buy that

I like it but Silva/GSP runs the risk of being a slow fight

Dana is making shit up again is my guess.
i think the dude more than likely did great things for the ufc, but i wouldnt be surprised if a real ceo needs to take over for the ufc to make the next step.

I agree. It's normal for companies to need different leadership and cultures throughout their own growth and the industries growth. The UFC and the industry have both changed and I don't think Dana's thinking and some of the other old timers are what is needed right now.

better not be GSP

should be JJ or Anderson

not Anderson, I mean Bendo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back