First day of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today : UPDATED

Diligent

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I'll be taking my first BJJ class today at Star Jiu-Jitsu ( www.starjiujitsu.com ). I'll update this thread tonight after my class. Wish me well. Hopefully the little bit of wrestling experience that I have will help me out some... I will also be doing Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestling takedown classes there, as well. :D

i will be in that area in two weeks, i hope to see you there, i will come and check out a few classes

guardpasser, hope to see you there. My name is Paul. 5' 9"ish, 155lbs, brown hair, blue eyes :)

Big Red, I'll try. :)

i am 6' 250 , shaved head, i will pm you when i get to go

Good luck man.....congratulations on the start of your journey

Say goodbye to any money you may have.

Once you start Jiu Jitsu, you won't stop. Its a great sport. The better you get a Jiu Jitsu, the better you want to get. Its difficult to put into words how much I love Jiu Jitsu. Enjoy the class. Take it easy if you're unused to doing physical activities. Better to ease into it, than do it hard once and be out for 2 weeks from an injury.

Good luck! I had my first class last night. Was good, sweated like a pig and my neck is pretty tweeked today from practicing guilitine chokes. Can't wait to go again tomorrow.

Those guys run a tight ship. They have a tournament on Dec. 10th that a few guys from our school are competing in. I am going to watch it.

Good luck. I hope to be following you soon on the journey. Of BJJ, that is, not to Texas.

I hope jiu jitsu can do even half of what it has done for me to you. You'll love it.

After my college baseball career ended I was at a huge loss. Now that I am training BJJ it has filled a huge void in my life. I live for the 1 on 1 competition.

Enjoy it and stick with it. I will be competing in that tournament on the 10th you should come and watch me take home the gold. The tournaments are fun as hell, win or lose. After about 6 months you could start competing. And Yousef has some sweet medals.

Good luck!
and please don't try any flying armbars, can openers, heel hooks, or ANYTHING that you've seen on TV/video games/ppv's, or any other move for that matter...your instructor will tell you what you need to do!

DMcKayBJJ said:
Good luck!
and please don't try any flying armbars, can openers, heel hooks, or ANYTHING that you've seen on TV/video games/ppv's, or any other move for that matter...your instructor will tell you what you need to do!

haha Great true funny advice.

Good luck in your training!
Stick with it, you'll get ur ass kicked at first stick with it and you'll grow to love it.

greasemonkey said:
Good luck in your training!
Stick with it, you'll get ur ass kicked at first stick with it and you'll grow to love it.
Thank you so much for all of the encouragement, guys! Much appreciated. :D

Back