First boxing event

tshafer26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just gotta say this Mayweather card was the first boxing ppv I ordered on ppv with my family over and I loved the experience. It was a great night of fights I loved the atmosphere and I am offically a fan of boxing. Look forward to many great cards

They should apologize for putting Smith/molina on the Ppv but otherwise, yes that was a good card.

Mayweather brings in alotta fans. My first event was Mayweather vs Ortiz (that or Hopkins vs Dawson 1, whatever came first, pretty sure it was Money/Ortiz though)

They should apologize for putting Smith/molina on the Ppv but otherwise, yes that was a good card.

and the little wayne thing was poorly thought out

The main event was fun. Then again I also enjoyed Haye-Wlad but there was nothing wrong over all.

Garcia made a name, tonight. His ascent has been very interesting. Crazy tough and really underrated skill.

That terrible hack making sweet love to the national anthem was pretty bad.

its always some shitty rnb singer

fuck off rnb singers

Good to hear... A lot of great fights coming up before the year ends.

Great thing about boxing is.. its not just about the PPV shows. You'll see tons of great fights on HBO and Showtime.

First timer here also, I enjoyed it and thought I got my moneys worth. I still don't what constitutes a point and what is a warning.

This was my first boxing event as well. I remember about two years ago I thought Alvarez would be a cool opponent to put against either Pacman or Money, and they finally did. I was so excited, I had to see it! But I didn't order it on PPV, I went to the movie theater to watch it. The crowd was awesome! Made the whole night fun.

All around excellent night of fights, except for that pathetic embarrassing piece of shit boring as fuck bout between Smith/Molina. I shit you not, I was literally nodding off in my seat. I had to fight to stay awake! (and that's no exaggeration)

Cano fight was my favorite.

Nobody I watched the fights with thought they were good :( Everybody just wanted Mayweather to get knocked out... I still immensely enjoyed the fights though. Except Ishe vs Molina.

First timer here also, I enjoyed it and thought I got my moneys worth. I still don't what constitutes a point and what is a warning.

To over simplify things...

You can look at it as, both fighters start with 10 points.

- The fighter that loses the round, loses a point
- The fighter that gets knocked down in a round, loses a point.
- Other than that, a fighter can lose a point for doing something illegal, at the refs discretion.

Rounds without Knock downs, or referee point deductions, normally end with the score of 10-9.

Now, if you wanna talk about, how a judge is supposed to assess who wins a round, thats a pretty detailed discussion.

I'd rather listen to Wayne's entire catalog than see Beebz in 'mean mug lesbian' mode.

What I want to do to Biebs makes this guy look like a Saint:
happy%20ending1.gif

tumblr_mo6iyckLCf1spg1f2o1_400.gif

To over simplify things...

You can look at it as, both fighters start with 10 points.

- The fighter that loses the round, loses a point
- The fighter that gets knocked down in a round, loses a point.
- Other than that, a fighter can lose a point for doing something illegal, at the refs discretion.

Rounds without Knock downs, or referee point deductions, normally end with the score of 10-9.

Now, if you wanna talk about, how a judge is supposed to assess who wins a round, thats a pretty detailed discussion.

Thanks for the info. I forgot to put in the word deduction after point:redface:. Like I seen a lot of head clinching which I thought was a big no no in boxing.
So if a fighter gets knocked down twice and loses the round, it would be a 10-7?
Sorry for the noob questions.

What I want to do to Biebs makes this guy look like a Saint:
happy%20ending1.gif

tumblr_mo6iyckLCf1spg1f2o1_400.gif

I've lived a Beebz free life for the most part.

I listen to old Tool and Rage Against the Machine albums while driving. I don't touch the radio.

I watch a pretty strict regiment of sports and HBO/AMC/FX series on TV. I don't touch pop culture stuff like MTV or whatever.

I don't do twitter or facebook or anything like that.

But that little bastard still finds ways to pop into my life. He makes it so easy to hate him.

Thanks for the info. I forgot to put in the word deduction after point:redface:. Like I seen a lot of head clinching which I thought was a big no no in boxing.
So if a fighter gets knocked down twice and loses the round, it would be a 10-7?
Sorry for the noob questions.

yeah they tend to break the fighters up when they do it. do it too much, you get a point deducted.
yes, if a fighter gets knocked down twice it will be 10-7. three times and the judges are allowed to score it 10-6, but most don't because it puts the fighter too far behind.

I've lived a Beebz free life for the most part.

I listen to old Tool and Rage Against the Machine albums while driving. I don't touch the radio.

I watch a pretty strict regiment of sports and HBO/AMC/FX series on TV. I don't touch pop culture stuff like MTV or whatever.

I don't do twitter or facebook or anything like that.

But that little bastard still finds ways to pop into my life. He makes it so easy to hate him.

I listen to nothing but my iPod while driving, watch mostly shit like Discovery Channel or Food Network and BBCAmerica... And yet I still see this asshole everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back