First BJJ tournament today

phenomfan1529

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Today I competed in my first BJJ competition. It was the first time I've ever been to one so I didn't know what to expect and I was so excited but at the same time kinda nervous. I won my first 2 matches (kimura & guillotine) and lost my third match (triangle). The dude started off with an armbar then transitioned to traingle. Pretty cool even though I got tapped.

So I just wanted to ask how was your first time competing like? and how did it go?

nice...I won third place in gi and no gi at my first NAGA tournament won the gi by a nice RNC. I won no money and paid like $100 to enter

I won my first tournament and got second place in my second tournament.

How long u been training b4 ur first tournament?

EDIT- tadpole, why revive a 3 year old thread?

Awesome. It's good to hear about people competing and having a good time.

I'm looking forward to my first competition in December. (It was supposed to be September 20, but my knee got jacked up in class :icon_sad:).

Congrats on competing. Bonus points for putting up a good showing.

EDIT: Crap. Tadpole!!!!:mad:

first competition ever was the nationals I finished 3rd in my weight division and got my knee vaporized at the open weight. Took me 6 weeks to be fully back on the mat but it was worth it:icon_chee

Awesome. It's good to hear about people competing and having a good time.

I'm looking forward to my first competition in December. (It was supposed to be September 20, but my knee got jacked up in class :icon_sad:).

Congrats on competing. Bonus points for putting up a good showing.

EDIT: Crap. Tadpole!!!!:mad:

congrats on the blue. you must be real proud.

I'm doing my first tourney on the 20th. I'm stoked!!!

Guys how long did u train for b4 u won a tournament?

My first tournament was nogi and I lost my only match (3 months training) to the eventual div winner.

My second tournament was 7 months in, gi and nogi divisions, lost 2 matches on each div.

Have yet to win a single match, so I don't know if it's cos those other people trained longer or I just completely suck.

4-5 months. Entering early is good you shouldn't have any expectation and you'll see how it's like. I was all excited/nervous for my first comp and now it's like a walk in the park :icon_chee
I remembered once tapping a guy out in under 2 mins he was all disappointed and his coach made me laugh when he was yelling "DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT YOU'VE ONLY BEEN TRAINING FOR 3 MONTHS YOU DID WELL" I guess that guy by now will be more careful when he's in someone's half guard trying to claim his back :icon_lol:

Great job, I am looking forward to competing in my first tourney as a blue belt in a couple of months.

i competed in a naga tourney back in may after only training 3 hours a week for about a month and a half.

i was pretty nervous but it wasnt too bad, even won my first match.

Back