Fireman's tilt

MMA junkie

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this move? I know it but I wanted to show some friends a video of the technique. I don't know if it might be called something else by other Wrestlers.

Basically I used it in HS when attempting a Fireman's carry and your opponent sprawls out on you. From there take the arm/shoulder you have trapped and point it to same side's foot and "tilt them over."

I'm thinking this could be effective in Gi JiuJitsu (I actually did it in sparring the other day).

Firemens in gi bjj are a good way to end up on the wrong side of a crucifix.

yea i don't recommend it with the gi, it can get you into trouble...they have too much cloth to grab onto, the tilt just barely knocks them off balance they have something to grab onto to keep their balance. Also you are extending your neck and arm, so if they block it you are potentially giving them a choke.

Firemens in gi bjj are a good way to end up on the wrong side of a crucifix.

I can see this happening more from a poor executed take down or a fireman's carry off the bat. But I can see it being also used in transition. Or Fireman's carry to High-C or just the "Fireman's tilt" when you have the "arm trapped". When I used it in sparring it was during a scramble, not a takedown if that makes sense.

Back