Firearms News thread

Overturned because of 2A or because the town doesn't have the authority to enact it's own laws that override state laws?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...assault-weapons-ban-ruling-tl-0328-story.html

Basically when the state was forced to enact their conceal carry laws in 2013, it offered a 10 day window for local areas to add any of their own laws to the states. After that, all firearm laws are to be governed solely by the state.

The people brining thr suit said they would fight these AR bans on all fronts including the 2A, but this was the most surefire way to win their overturn which it did.

So not a massive victory for 2A, just a victory for anyone in Illinois in a county or town with pushy local leaders looking to force their opinions on others.

Anybody seen these? I kinda like. 9mm.

https://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr-9/

KUSA_27.jpg

Anybody seen these? I kinda like. 9mm.

https://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/product/kr-9/

KUSA_27.jpg

^^ Im not saying this will turn into a common issue, but it’s worth noting they haven’t been on the market long and we are already seeing issues. For that price tag may as well let others be the guinea pig. It has also been said that even the real Vityaz isn’t known for its longevity. An AK styled direct blowback is a lot of weight being slammed around. There is a PSA version that is also having some trouble. They recently pulled them to address the issue, but they are back on the market now. The two Romanian versions seem to be doing well. Must be gypsy magic. The Pak9 and Nak9 are both made by Nova Modul, the former imported by Chiappa/Charles Daly and the latter being imported by Century. The Nak9 takes glock mags, the Pak9 takes Beretta mags but usually is sold in a bundle with a glock mag adapter. The PSA offering takes Scorpion mags while the KR-9 takes proprietary magazines. Personally, I’d wait and see if any more problems start popping up before dropping over a grand on an AK styled PCC. I don’t like paying that much to be the test market.

^^ Im not saying this will turn into a common issue, but it’s worth noting they haven’t been on the market long and we are already seeing issues. For that price tag may as well let others be the guinea pig. It has also been said that even the real Vityaz isn’t known for its longevity. An AK styled direct blowback is a lot of weight being slammed around. There is a PSA version that is also having some trouble. They recently pulled them to address the issue, but they are back on the market now. The two Romanian versions seem to be doing well. Must be gypsy magic. The Pak9 and Nak9 are both made by Nova Modul, the former imported by Chiappa/Charles Daly and the latter being imported by Century. The Nak9 takes glock mags, the Pak9 takes Beretta mags but usually is sold in a bundle with a glock mag adapter. The PSA offering takes Scorpion mags while the KR-9 takes proprietary magazines. Personally, I’d wait and see if any more problems start popping up before dropping over a grand on an AK styled PCC. I don’t like paying that much to be the test market.

Thanks for lending your insight. I was almost an early adapter on the Hudson H9. That near miss definitely makes me cautious. It's not at the top of my list anyway, but it does look interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back