Finishing the Omoplata (GIF)

codemonkey76

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I saw this when watching the 2007 Pan Ams... OMG, never seen the omoplata finished like this, his opponent must be a contortionist.

2qum7bt.gif

I saw this when watching the 2007 Pan Ams... OMG, never seen the omoplata finished like this, his opponent must be a contortionist.

2qum7bt.gif

that's from eduardo Telles' DVD. It's a sick finish for the omoplata that him and I think Leozinho put together for when the guy reacts by posting out his leg like that. it works awesome, but I haven't seen it used much yet.

and that guy was flexible as hell, he pulled that last part out o his ass to make up for that factor :icon_chee

that's from eduardo Telles' DVD. It's a sick finish for the omoplata that him and I think Leozinho put together for when the guy reacts by posting out his leg like that. it works awesome, but I haven't seen it used much yet.

and that guy was flexible as hell, he pulled that last part out o his ass to make up for that factor :icon_chee

What would you call it if you sub someone by pulling their leg behind their head?

the first part isn't technically an omaplata is it? it looks like the 'carnie' thing that Aoki put on JZ, of course not w/ that crazy leg sub.

It is called a "pretzel snake omoplata" in the Alberto Crane instructional.

The "pretzel omoplata" is where you use your free leg to hook under his far leg (like what Aoki did to JZ).

The "pretzel snake" is where you also underhook the far leg with your arm.

Regardless of what you call it, it is fucking awesome.

Is that legal?

It looked like the guy tapped due to leg crankage. Probably a knee lock of some sort.

What division were these guys in?

Is that legal?

It looked like the guy tapped due to leg crankage. Probably a knee lock of some sort.

What division were these guys in?

x2...i didn't see no omoplata finish... instead tapped to what mike just mentioned...some sort of leg crank..

Regardless, thats pretty cool

I think the tap would have been due to his hamstring being stretched to the limit or his spine.

I saw that on Alberto's as well.

Actually what happens is you get a lot of downward pressure on the shoulder joint as opposed to the rotating pressure of a regular Omoplata.

Marcelo does that as well.

In this case of course he pulled on the leg to sub the guy, because he was so flexible.

uh....I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he tapped due to eating his own ass. Syrup or jelly? I prefer syrup! :eek:

But seriously...that thing looked uncomfortable. Especially to an old guy whose flexibility isn't what it used to be.

Back