Finishing low singles for BJJ?

I'm assuming you know the takedown and specifically mean from the point of getting from the finish to the next position?

I've no wrestling background but have successfully used this gi and nogi for 9 years in training and competition white through brown. I started with the Sakuraba style one and moved to mostly using the Smith finish after a few years as i started to see people cause injuries doing the former version badly.

Sakuraba Style
: Doing his shoulder to shin version from straight-on i'll keep the ankle and immediately stand up. You can leg drag or jump in to an ankle lock right away once you're on your feet, imagine them following on from the end of what Roy Marsh is showing here.

The alternative is to just stay down and try to force a leg weave position as they start to bring their legs back in towards their body to set up a guard. Drive in quickly as they retract their leg and smash the one your holding the heel on down on to the other one to establish the leg weave.

John Smith Style : I've found chopping at knee level not the hip works out safer; people can sometime snag kimuras as you try to cover the big distance to their upper body to get side control with that arm waving about. If you chop at the knee you can bundle their legs together, pop your head out then wrap them and step over to mount similar to what Sim Go is showing here. (Like a Lemon Squeeze/Rugby Tackle pass if you know that type of leg hug pass)

You can just jump to side control off the standard Smith finish but you need to be really fast as you don't have any control over their upper body in transition. I find it really hard to do against anyone good, you inevitably end in some sort of guard as they immediately start to shrimp and frame.

Running to the back is quite a good option to drill too because people tend to sprawl in BJJ even when its not the best option. Its difficult for them to put much weight on you if you have proper positioning on your Low Single so not difficult to get out from under them. Brandon Mullins shows it here:

Back