Fine eye pokes

Shouldn't be too long until Dana caves and gets those new gloves from Rebney

you are a scholar. i could also have said gets eyes blinded. note plural. saying someone got blinded does not say if they are half blind, or completely blind like you.

"Gets eyes blinded". Now that's some eloquent english right there.

So brutal, the refs don't even do anything. If it happens twice in one fight it should be a point taken away.

I'm curious since I don't watch boxing, do boxers ever get poked in the eye by a thumb? If so, how often does it happen (I assume it'd be very rare)?

You would have to be eye poked to get fined, and not just finger waving.

The problem with eye pokes is that anyone can fake it. In reality people will always game the system. The issue is to deduct points when its flagrant and give the other fighter time to recover when its not.

You can possibly get deducted points for bad sportsmanship if some wish to make rules on that.

Last edited:
do you always find such wise shit to say. or are you someone that does jiu jitsu just as an excuse to roll around with other men? if so you found the right sport.

i'm a smartass, that's what i do. this is sherdog, not fucking ivy league. who gives a shit if i do jiu jitsu, seems like you're the only one here that has even brought it up.

It's pretty god damn ridiculous at this point they need to do something already, theres so many things that need polishing in this sport but this is the easiest to fix and has been done in other orgs.

Back