News Financial state of the UFC & Bellator - Article

Myrddin Wild

~Eternal We Are~
@Steel
Reaction score
Sherdog member @FrankieNYC was interviewed by BJPenn.com
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ellator-looking-back-at-2018-forward-to-2019/

They cover a lot of info regarding Bellator and UFC finances. After Frankie covering this information in Sherthreadz throughout the year, I find this a great consolidation of what has been said all ready... but mixed with modern & up to date information. iow... it's a great breakdown of what's going on!

Key points:
  • The new TV dealz
  • PPV split
  • UFC evaluation
  • Bellator finally making a profit this year
  • DAZN deal

Last edited:
Any truth to WME dumping the UFC due to poor revenue?

Ha ... I was just about to thread it myself
Thanks Z-Man

We been getting a nice reax so far
Lets see how it goes over on SD

<Moves>

I should be doing an interview by podcast with @TheCompleteKO soon as a follow-up.

Lol at dumping a multi-billion dollar investment less that isn't even doing poorly less than two years after the acquisition.

In4 farcical "UFC is dying" narrative.

Yes
On Feb 29th its happening

{<jordan}

Another alternative is Jan 29th when Konner & Chabib go to their NSAC trial. :p
(Edit: Record PPV salez... get it?)

fool-in-the-rain-troll-final-with-snail-new-bg.jpg

Last edited:
The most recent UFC PPV supposedly drew 900k buys, plus the billion dollar ESPN contract.

UFC is doing fine.

Lol at dumping a multi-billion dollar investment less that isn't even doing poorly less than two years after the acquisition.

In4 farcical "UFC is dying" narrative.

Dumping a company that has gone up in value 50% as well is humorous

Sherdog member @FrankieNYC was interviewed by BJPenn.com
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ellator-looking-back-at-2018-forward-to-2019/

They cover a lot of info regarding Bellator and UFC finances. After Frankie covering this information in Sherthreadz throughout the year, I find this a great consolidation of of what has been said all ready... but mixed with modern & up to date information. iow... it's a great breakdown of what's going on!

Key points:
  • The new TV dealz
  • UFC evaluation
  • PPV split
  • Bellator finally making a profit this year
  • DAZN deal
Link broke

Most interesting I found was the info on the PPV cut going from 50/50 between UFC & PPV providerz, to 70/30 in favor of the UFC.

I've been wondering about the 5 year plan that Dana mentioned during the sale & wondering what their big planz were... & I can't help but think this was a big part of that.

Frankie gives some numberz in the article on how this shakes out... & as you can imagine... It's huge!

Last edited:
Back