finally its MINE !!!! BJJ Blue belt after 1,5 years...

genkisudo69

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
finally this week i got my blue belt . after one year and a half , it

As a fellow blue belt I say congrats.

You know what is really funny. I also belong to a gym that teaches karate. Some members at the gym asked me if I was going to join the class with them since they know I am totally into training martial arts.

But I said no, I am already an instructor in muay thai and was into brazillian jiu jitsu (I was white belt at the time). Well, I still train bjj and am a blue single stripe, but these guys who started karate after me are black belts in karate already, no lie, they wear their black belts with pride too. Hahahaha.

One of karate black belts saw me with my blue belt and said something to the effect of "You're still a blue belt in jj? Well, just keep at it and one day you will be a black belt like me." Hahahaha. :D

Congratulations. I wish I was able to find the time to make it to a BJJ dojo, but between the drive and the extra money... Well, maybe when I get my raise. Congrats, again!

I don't doubt about the accelerated advancement in some styles. It seems a lot easier to get belts. Of course, that can go on a school by school basis, too. I was at one karate dojo for a year and had gotten my green belt. I moved schools and the new one is much more discriminating about rank. It took me almost another year just to get a stripe.

Congratulations.

I actually agree with the belt system in Jiu Jitsu (something I never though I

A buddy of mine got his black belt in Shotokan Karate in just under a year. LOL! Can you say McDojo???

Congrats on the blue belt!

nice one. This time next year, I'll still suck :)

Congrats. Every promotion is a major accomplishment in BJJ. Good for you.

Congrats. From who did you get your belt?

Congrats bro! I hope too have mine in about a year or so, maybe thats a bit optimistic.

Congrats bro - im on my way to getting mine but i hope i dont get it before the next tournament.

im starting my 5th month of training and other blue belts are telling me ill get mine any time soon.
I can beat some of the other blues and hold off the better ones....

There is such a huge gap in how good some blues are compared to others.. There are still a couple who i cant do a damn thing to.
I train 4-6 times a week and have a small background in judo.. like 6 months of judo 2 years before i started bjj.

serima said:
Congrats. From who did you get your belt?

from the younger brother of royce gracie , robin . and some people says that the gracies give the belts easily!!!
come on in my school are some people with 5 years or more of training , fighting in shooto and they are just purples. not even a brown belt in the school!

congratulations, enjoy it as long as you possibly can. the purple belt will be another few more years!

genkisudo69 said:
from the younger brother of royce gracie , robin . and some people says that the gracies give the belts easily!!!
come on in my school are some people with 5 years or more of training , fighting in shooto and they are just purples. not even a brown belt in the school!

Yeah I hear that too but then last week I witnessed my first bjj bb ceremony at the Relson Gracie Main Academy it took over 15 years of training to get that black for the guy. I made a thread about it. Robin is Relson's youngest, baby brother. He is a half brother but still a brother.

My friend took an internet karate course and he got his black belt in 3 days.

Back