• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finally completed a tournament

feeeno

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I had my first tournament yesterday and for an experience.
I'm usually a guard player who plays a lot of spider and sweep but could not do anything yesterday. I kept the grips wrong and everything went buzzingIs, is it common?
- I felt that I played really bad and not to my potential and everything felt strange. I was nervous as hell and I could hardly move. It was as if the brain and the body collided. I even threw up after my first match. I do not know why

won 3 matches and lost 1 (He was a blue belt), which led to a third place.
I will enter a new competition soon and wondered how yours experience was with the 2 competition? Should I just focus on the mistakes and the shortcomings for the next competition?

I Know at least that I have to work with grips and sweep.

Good job! Getting a medal in your first competition is a great result.

You will feel more relaxed in your next competition, for you will have a better idea on how to pace yourself and just how the pace of these events go.

It is very unusual to be nervous and confused in your first competition. Maybe see a psychiatrist?

Or just keep competing to see if you get over it

Sounds like you did fine for your first competition. You probably just threw up because of your nerves. Did they have free t-shirts for competitors and did you get one is the most important question?

words of wisdom.... you will always be nervous when you compete no matter how much you've done it before. Its just being able to overcome it and focus is key.

Everyone has a memory dump in competition. especially the first one. dont worry it gets easier the more you do it.

Back