Fights you'd make for the next UFC on FOX?

Scott Lawlor

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
nq3fgn.jpg

Personally, I think they should have a main event that introduces some of the former Strikeforce fighters to familiarize them with the casual fans.

Frank Mir vs. Daniel Cormier (5-Round Main Event)
Reason: The fight was made before but unfortunately got cancelled. Cormier wants this fight and it makes sense, both are top HWs and a win over the other would be great for their careers. Also a free heavyweight 5-round main event will draw in viewers.

Shogun Rua vs. Gegard Mousasi
Reason: Shogun seems to be on a decline and Gegard is steadily rising. If Shogun can beat Gegard he can prove he's still a force at 205. On the other hand, if Gegard beats Shogun we have a potentially new contender.

Martin Kampmann vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Reason: Kampmann is coming off a knockout loss to Hendricks in what was thought to be a #1 contender match. He's still a top guy and would be a good test for Saffiedine. Saffiedine's loss to Woodley back in 2011 has made some people question how he'd do against the top wrestlers at WW but I think a fight against an exciting striker in his debut is the best way to start him off. If he can get past Kampmann then let's see him take on a wrestler.

Alan Belcher vs. Ronaldo Souza
Reason: Belcher was near-contention going into his fight with Okami that he soon after lost via UD. He's gonna want a good name to rebound from, insert Ronaldo Souza. He's got improved stand-up, a great ground game and is coming off a fairly easy first round submission over UFC fighter Ed Herman. Souza has the potential to be a top guy at MW and if he can beat Belcher it'll let everyone in the division know he's the real deal.

Jim Miller vs. Josh Thomson
Reason: Miller is obviously a formidable guy at LW, he lost to top guys in Bendo & Nate but has won against Lauzon and Guillard. Thomson on the other hand is coming off a loss to Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez in a split-decision that some felt he won. Thomson is currently not ranked in the top 10 but a win over Miller will definitely break him in.

Additional - Joe Lauzon vs. Pat Healy would be interesting.

Jim Miller deserves a contender after his win against Lauzon imo.

Mir vs Cormier will co headline under Gil vs Bendo I think

Miller is more likely to fight the week after at UFC 159 since its in NJ.

Souza will fight a guy on a winning streak next, Le, Costa, or winner of Lombard vs Okami make sense.

Mousasi vs Shogun, Im in, even if Shogun lost his last fight...

If Glover beats Rampage...Mousasi vs Glover would be awesome too.

nate diaz cuz its 420 in cali, duhhhhhh....he should fight varner

Well, I think Jim Miller fights Gray Maynard/Pat Healy at UFC 159.

Mir vs Cormier headlines
Shogun vs Gegard Co headlines
Diaz vs Lauzon makes main card
Souza vs Belcher makes the main card

Fox only does 4 main card fights

The undercard
Is headlined by
Kampmann vs Saffiedine

And every undercard fight includes a strikeforce vet.

Cool card TS, but I'll go for:

Mir vs. Cormier

Cung Le vs. Luke Rockhold
Pat Barry vs. Todd Duffee
(Miller/Thomson sounds good to me, actually)

Okami vs Jacare! i want to see that fight badly!! for shogun fight, i dont want him to fight mousasi because he would loose the fight and end up getting cut by ufc.

Ben Henderson vs Gil Melendez
Frank Mir vs Daniel Cormier
Cung Le vs Jake Shields
Matt brown vs Dan Hardy- Matt Brown must be on every Fox card

Pettis vs Melendez
Cormier vs Mir
Jacare vs cung le
Saffadine vs Alves

Bendo/Gil should still headline. With DC/Mir as Co-main. Cung Le will most likely be on it too.

FOX Main Card

Henderson v Melendez (LW title)
Mir v Cormier
Le v Phillipou
Rockhold v Boetsch

F/X Prelims

J.Thompson v Varner
Duffee v Miocic
Swick v Sadollah
Kingsbury v Griggs

Facebook prelims

Kyle v Donovan
Papazian v Caraiso
Yamamoto v Bloodsworth

My vision of what a good Fox card should be.

I want Souza to fight anyone but Lombard or Costa UFC needs to build Souza Lombard and Costa that way Andy will have three new people to fight without them eliminating each other by fighting

Back