Fights To Make After UFC 155

TKJ

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Here we go...

Cain Velasquez v Alistair Overeem- The UFC should be praying that Alistar beats Bigfoot. If he doesn't, there is no good fight left for Cain for a while. He won't fight Cormier, he just destroyed Bigfoot, Werdum fights Big Nog in June, Mir is coming off a loss, Barnett just got destroyed by Cormier. The next best options would be a fight with Big Country (who is 3-3 in his last six fights) or the winner of Struve/Hunt, which wouldn't happen until July at the absolute earliest. So now we pray for Overeem to get the win.

Junior dos Santos v Antonio Silva- Bigfoot has the Overeem fight coming up, but win or lose he should face JDS after that. Makes the most sense in the division right now. MAYBE we could do JDS v Barnett if Barnett wins his next fight in Strikeforce.

Jim Miller v Gray Maynard II- Miller looked better then ever, but still has never gotten a solid top 10 win. Winner of this rematch could find himself in a #1 contender fight.

Joe Lauzon v George Sotiropoulos II- Both are coming off dominating losses, but I think J-Lau deserves a chance to avenge his previous loss to G-Sot.

Constantinos Philippou v Mark Munoz- Philippou still has a bit to prove and Munoz is coming off a bad loss. Good fight to see whou should be a legit to 15.

Yushin Okami v Ronaldo Souza/Ed Herman winner- Good fight either way... but lets hope Jacare gets the win setting up an awesome fight.

Alan Belcher v Lorenz Larkin- Makes for a good "Welcome to the UFC fight" for Larkin. Winner is a solid top 15.

Derek Brunson v Tim Boetsch- Brunson is coming off the biggest win of his career but still has a lot to prove. Boetsch is coming off a disappointing loss... and may have even more to prove if he still wants people to think he's a top MW.

Chris Leban v Rich Franklin- Loser retires.

Eddie Wineland v Raphael Assuncao- Winner gets a title shot (depending on the Dominick Cruz situation).

Erik Perez v Johnny Bedford- Two good 135ers coming off finishes in their last fights. Winner would be top 15.

Jamie Varner v Jorge Masvidal- Varner would be a good fight to welcome Masvidal to the UFC after Strikeforce closes up shop.

Melvin Guillard v Mac Danzig- Battle of two of the UFC's most disappointing 155ers. Would be a fun fight though.

Myles Jury v Yves Edwards- Jury looked great but can use some more experience. Edwards brings that experience that would be good for Jury win or lose.

Todd Duffee v Dave Herman- Duffee may be back in the UFC, but I have a feeling he's gonna need to work his way up over the next year before he gets any big names and a possible rematch with Russow.

Max Holloway v Bart Palaszewski- Holloway is a promising prospect but he needs some more experience. Palaszewski brings experience to the table.

John Moraga v John Lineker- Both guys still have a little to prove at 125, but the winner should be one fight away from a title shot.

Other random fights (not UFC 155 related)

Chris Weidman v Luke Rockhold- SF champ verses the UFC #1 contender. Legit.

Hector Lombard v Cung Le- Awesome standup war. Could headline a FOX card.

Frank Mir v Josh Barnett- Shhh... just let it happen...

Roy Nelson v Shane Carwin- I want to see this fight even more now that Big Country beat Meat Head.

Let me know what you think.

I think Moraga will get the next title shot.

jds wont fight big foot, friendship bla bla

we should see hunt jds, i hope hunt beats struve

I like the G-Sot rematch or Diaz for Lauzon.

i just dont get this crap: jds wont fight big nog, cain wont fight cormier. this is a pro sport, you will fight whoever the ufc puts infront of you idiots! in other sports people cant say " no i wont play vs the giants, my friend plays there" or no, i wont attack lebron, my mom likes him"

sissy crap, as long you dont fight your brother, take every fight.

i just dont get this crap: jds wont fight big nog, cain wont fight cormier. this is a pro sport, you will fight whoever the ufc puts infront of you idiots! in other sports people cant say " no i wont play vs the giants, my friend plays there" or no, i wont attack lebron, my mom likes him"

sissy crap, as long you dont fight your brother, take every fight.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

I don't like it when fighters say they won't fight their friends, but when fighter refuse to fight their main training partner (Cain/Cormier) or refuse to to have a student v teacher fight (JDS/Big Nog) that makes total sense.

jds wont fight big foot, friendship bla bla

we should see hunt jds, i hope hunt beats struve

JDS v Hunt would be fun, but I'm not sure Hunt is gonna get through Struve.

If Cerrone somehow beats Pettis I would rather see Miller vs Cerrone.

I think Gray will get the Diego/Gomi winner. Miller should fight Alvarez if he signs.

If Cerrone somehow beats Pettis I would rather see Miller vs Cerrone.

Fair enough.

I still Like Miller/Maynard II better, but Miller/Cerrone is a solid matchup as well.

whoever JDS fights next, i'm going to put 5 grand on him. i think he learned A LOT in this loss to cain and he is destroy whoever he faces next.

definitely going to have to be jds vs hunt if hunt can win. other than that, he could potentially face Cormier if Cormier wants to hang out at HW while Sonnen fights JBJ.

i really dont like Lauzon vs Gsot, even though Lauzon lost, i dont think he lost enough steam to knock him far enough to the back to get gsot. would rather he fought someone like Pearson.

Varner should get a bigger name than masvidal, its a good fight i just think varner is ranked twice as high.

barnett vs mir would be amazing

I think Roy fights Bigfoot next win or lose

the rest of the fights look good

whoever JDS fights next, i'm going to put 5 grand on him. i think he learned A LOT in this loss to cain and he is destroy whoever he faces next.

Kinda like what happened to Cain after the first JDS fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back