JM Barrie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
whos-next-album-cover.png

Justin Gaethje #5 LW USA
VS
Connor McGregor #3 LW Ireland

The only thing stopping Connor from fighting at the moment I'd say would be his legal issues. He isn't on suspension(never should have been) anymore. He injury report.
If he isn't going back down to 145lbs and wants to continue to fight, then Justin seems like a good match up. Justin is a wild striker with unseen MMA wrestling. Connor is an accurate striker with under rated wrestling.

Tristan Connelly Canada
VS
Christos Giagos USA

I'll have to watch the fight again to see if i agree with the decision for Tristans last fight. Even though Michel gassed, due to his own actions, it was still a close fight in my opinion.
Anyways, Tristan normally fights at 155lbs. With the 100k+ he got he could hire someone to help in to 145lb but since most of his fights are at 155lb I picked a fighter in that weight class.
Christos has had 2 tries in the UFC. Released back in 2015 then signed again in 2018. Overall his UFC record is 3-4 with some tough fighters.

Louis Smolka USA
VS
Tom Duquesnoy France

Notes

I didn't really care for this event. Lots of unknown fighters. Lots of laying/praying.

Daniel needs a lesson in BJJ. I called that Peruvian Necktie soon as he locked it up. I've attended one BBJ class. Daniel was a double champ. Daniel was the P4P fighter in the UFC. You telling me he doesn't know a Peruvian Necktie? This isn't the first time Daniel has shown weak BBJ knowledge. Dude had no idea what was going on in the Oleinik VS Pesta fight.

Michel Pereira should move up to 185lbs
Jimmy Crute needs a new grappling coach.
I thought Hall lost the fight.
I thought Skelly VS Griffin should have won Fight of the Night
Not a good night for Canada in terms of fighting future.
Cerrone and Gaethje both own the ref an apologize.

They'd probably give gaethje his flat $130k show money and Conor his $3M plus. I doubt anyone is fighting conor without asking for a red panty night paycheck

McGregor vs Gaethje for no 1 contender spot.

Cowboy vs Poirier for fight of the night.

Glover vs Shogun Rua finally 10 years too late.

Gaethje has power and is well-rounded but even he knows that Conor will starch him stylistically.

I’ll give DC the benefit of the doubt. Seen many people due to excitement call the wrong subs. Anacondas/Darce etc. DC seems to get amped by any MMA and that was a eventful scramble.

It’s no longer 2016, Justin eats that pillow fisted Irish douche alive today

Exactly. Gaethje improved since then. Alvarez KOed Gaethje, but Gaethje is much more patient now.
Gaethje have great leg kicks, ko power and insane cardio. McGregor can knock him out, Gaethje must be careful in 1st and 2nd round. But if he can survive and make him tired he can beat Conor even on the feet.

whos-next-album-cover.png

Justin Gaethje #5 LW USA
VS
Connor McGregor #3 LW Ireland

The only thing stopping Connor from fighting at the moment I'd say would be his legal issues. He isn't on suspension(never should have been) anymore. He injury report.
If he isn't going back down to 145lbs and wants to continue to fight, then Justin seems like a good match up. Justin is a wild striker with unseen MMA wrestling. Connor is an accurate striker with under rated wrestling.

Tristan Connelly Canada
VS
Christos Giagos USA

I'll have to watch the fight again to see if i agree with the decision for Tristans last fight. Even though Michel gassed, due to his own actions, it was still a close fight in my opinion.
Anyways, Tristan normally fights at 155lbs. With the 100k+ he got he could hire someone to help in to 145lb but since most of his fights are at 155lb I picked a fighter in that weight class.
Christos has had 2 tries in the UFC. Released back in 2015 then signed again in 2018. Overall his UFC record is 3-4 with some tough fighters.

Louis Smolka USA
VS
Tom Duquesnoy France

Notes

I didn't really care for this event. Lots of unknown fighters. Lots of laying/praying.

Daniel needs a lesson in BJJ. I called that Peruvian Necktie soon as he locked it up. I've attended one BBJ class. Daniel was a double champ. Daniel was the P4P fighter in the UFC. You telling me he doesn't know a Peruvian Necktie? This isn't the first time Daniel has shown weak BBJ knowledge. Dude had no idea what was going on in the Oleinik VS Pesta fight.

Michel Pereira should move up to 185lbs
Jimmy Crute needs a new grappling coach.
I thought Hall lost the fight.
I thought Skelly VS Griffin should have won Fight of the Night
Not a good night for Canada in terms of fighting future.
Cerrone and Gaethje both own the ref an apologize.
Agree with a Gaethje and Conor match up but didn't Duquesnoy retire in like May?

Back