Fights for Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone at WW after Oliveira

ill0giKaL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

So what my question is... Which Cowboy will... "Ride off into the sunset" with the win?
Cerrone OR Oliveira, in what way will they win, and the reasoning behind your prediction?

AND ALSO...After Donald faces Oliveira (In which I predict Cerrone getting the W) who would you like to see Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone face off against at 170? Which is a very intriguing move up in weight for me because I personally love watching the man fight. Cerrone usually never backs out of fights, he always brings it, and he loves staying active as a fighter. They've already said the move to WW isn't permanent and that he'll fight at 155 AND OR 170.

There's a lot of exciting fights for Cerrone at WW and I want to hear what match ups YOU would be looking forward to and why?

Imagine Cerrone vs Matt Brown, that would be a barn burner, no pun intended! Or if he worked his way up the WW rankings Cerrone and Condit wouldn't disappoint either! Maybe Cowboy vs Alves or Magny? Maybe Brandon Thatch? I mean the possibilites of these exciting match ups are endless!? I also think WW might even suit his body type better I can deff see him being a lot stronger at 170 and maybe even pretty quick for 170 since he's so used to fighting at 155. I wonder how it would affect his gas tank because if it doesn't take away much his output could be crazy!! So what do you guys think? Who would you be excited to see Cerrone face at 170 and why?

Thiago Alves, Matt Brown, Tarec Saffiedine, and hell, even Carlos Condit.

How about Tim Means?

Enough good fights there; Thiago Alves, Larkin and the ones named above.

I'd love to see him and Thatch but Thatch probably needs to earn that fight. And it would be a risky fight for Cowboy against a dangerous striker will no upside in the rankings.

The Alves fight would make a lot of sense and would be a great fight imo. I prefer to see Cowboy against mainly strikers but it would be a good test for both guys.

I'd love to see him and Thatch but Thatch probably needs to earn that fight. And it would be a risky fight for Cowboy against a dangerous striker will no upside in the rankings.

The Alves fight would make a lot of sense and would be a great fight imo. I prefer to see Cowboy against mainly strikers but it would be a good test for both guys.
Yes those were my exact thoughts when I was writing Brandon Thatch. Because for Cowboy it kinda be a lose/lose situation for him but a huge win/win situation for the fans.... Maybe if Thatch can put a nice streak together they could meet up down the road. And I also prefer Cowboy facing mainly strikers and I think him and Alves easily has the makings of a Fight of the night, that's for sure!

I didn't think of Saffiedine, good call. Archer as your AV, even better call.
high_five_archer.gif

So what my question is... Which Cowboy will... "Ride off into the sunset" with the win?
Cerrone OR Oliveira, in what way will they win, and the reasoning behind your prediction?

AND ALSO...After Donald faces Oliveira (In which I predict Cerrone getting the W) who would you like to see Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone face off against at 170? Which is a very intriguing move up in weight for me because I personally love watching the man fight. Cerrone usually never backs out of fights, he always brings it, and he loves staying active as a fighter. They've already said the move to WW isn't permanent and that he'll fight at 155 AND OR 170.

There's a lot of exciting fights for Cerrone at WW and I want to hear what match ups YOU would be looking forward to and why?

Imagine Cerrone vs Matt Brown, that would be a barn burner, no pun intended! Or if he worked his way up the WW rankings Cerrone and Condit wouldn't disappoint either! Maybe Cowboy vs Alves or Magny? Maybe Brandon Thatch? I mean the possibilites of these exciting match ups are endless!? I also think WW might even suit his body type better I can deff see him being a lot stronger at 170 and maybe even pretty quick for 170 since he's so used to fighting at 155. I wonder how it would affect his gas tank because if it doesn't take away much his output could be crazy!! So what do you guys think? Who would you be excited to see Cerrone face at 170 and why?

Cerrone vs:
-Matt Brown
-Thiago Alves
-Rory Macdonald
-Patrick Cote
- Ben Saunders
-Brandon Thatch
- Gunnar Nelson

How about Tim Means?

Enough good fights there; Thiago Alves, Larkin and the ones named above.

Those are actually two really GOOD possible match ups that I didn't think of.. one being Tim Means, and the other Lorenz Larkin vs Cowboy could be an AMAZING match up, I'd LOVE to see it!! Two very VERY SOLID fights that I hadn't thought of, this is exactly why I posted this thread! Thank you for your contribution!

it isnt a guarnatee that Donald wins this fight. brazil cowboy is one tough SOB.

Yes those were my exact thoughts when I was writing Brandon Thatch. Because for Cowboy it kinda be a lose/lose situation for him but a huge win/win situation for the fans.... Maybe if Thatch can put a nice streak together they could meet up down the road. And I also prefer Cowboy facing mainly strikers and I think him and Alves easily has the makings of a Fight of the night, that's for sure!
Yeah, I definitely want to see Thatch get a win streak going. I thought the jump in calibre of opponent to Benson was way too fast. Although crazy that fight went into the 4th round and then Gunnar takes Thatch out in 1. He desperately needs a few "W"s and I hope they give him some easier fights.

As for Cowboy, as much as I'd have liked to see him do better in his career against top guys he is still one of my favorites fighters to watch. Almost any good fighter and Cowboy is probably going to be a fun fight. And I think Alves deserves the chance and agree that could be a war.

it isnt a guarnatee that Donald wins this fight. brazil cowboy is one tough SOB.
This I know. I wasn't guaranteeing at all that Cerrone was gonna win against the Brazilian Cowboy. Though I do THINK Cerrone takes the W I was just generally interested in exploring other possible opponents for him at 170 for the future. Win or lose against Oliveira.

Yeah, I definitely want to see Thatch get a win streak going. I thought the jump in calibre of opponent to Benson was way too fast. Although crazy that fight went into the 4th round and then Gunnar takes Thatch out in 1. He desperately needs a few "W"s and I hope they give him some easier fights. .

Yeah they did just kind of throw him to the wolves without giving him enough time to build himself up enough yet!

Gunnar Nelson or Matt Brown would be great match ups imo

I think Cerrone vs. Cote would be a good second fight in the division for Cowboy.

Back