Fightmetric has Condit outstriking Lawler in EVERY ROUND

Round 2 was not a toss up, that was clearly Robbie's round.

Round 5 was probably Robbie's round.

Round 1, 3, 4 were Condit rounds in my option

...opinion?

Nice avatar TS, great album.

Mastodon are awesome.

Check out my Prog Metal Playlist in my sig.

100 kicks and punches isn't equal to one solid bomb. Judges don't score according to fight metric. It's a fight first homie, didn't you listen to Nate Diaz telling you how it is?

He didn't "almost knock out" Condit anymore than Condit almost knocked him out in round one.

Lawler's shot in Round 2 was montrous compared to Robbie really just slipping over in Round 1. And everyone gives Condit Round 1 anyway.

Robbie knocked him off balance landed a strike on top and did nothing after because Condit immediately neutralized him.

After taking a couple of more GNP shots. Look when most of Condit's strikes are pitter patter nonsense and Lawler connects with a huge shot like that that puts him on his arse, he's going to win the round.

Not all significant strikes are the same. Most strikes are significant strikes, so there's a lot of different degrees of significance. The strikes that aren't significant strikes are basically "insignificant strikes". That's how Fight Metric looks at it.

So you can't just count the numbers are award the round to the one with the highest total. These stats are just a guide, and give a summary of how the fight went.

1440geb.jpg

And they aren't baby strikes either, these are damaging significant shots.

The only round that Lawler has a clear case for winning is round 5.
Condit clearly won 1,3 and 4
Round 2 was a toss-up

Something seriously needs to be done about the judges in mma......
90% of those little bitch kicks were just used to keep distance. Sorry man.

Condit outlanded Lawler 28-12 in the first, 17-10 in the second, 22-11 in the third and 47-6 in the fourth, according to FightMetric.

No they don't count strikes that 'whiff'.

It's truly bizarre the hate of Condit. He was superior and not rewarded for his efforts.

Condit landed hit usual pitter patter leg kicks to boost his volume and keep his distance. Robbie landed the important shots that have probability of ending the fight, not the pussy shots that add to your score card for a decision win. Condits leg kicks were ineffective and only added to his numbers.

They were distance strikes that weren't designed to do anything other than keep Robbie at a distance... A couple of judges clearly thought "To hell with that". May as well be throwing at air.
Doesn't matter. He was outworking Lawler by a LOT. Lawler was the one backing up either way, when Lawler hit him, Condit was moving forward.

To be the champion you have to beat the champion. What Condit did tonight didn't cut it

1440geb.jpg

And they aren't baby strikes either, these are damaging significant shots.

The only round that Lawler has a clear case for winning is round 5.
Condit clearly won 1,3 and 4
Round 2 was a toss-up

Something seriously needs to be done about the judges in mma......

Clearly, Condit won. He is the people's champion. I wanted RL to win going into the fight, but by round 4, I had it 3-1 For Condit.
Those combinations that Condit was landing were good. The long leg kicks were a little annoying, but they were hurting Lawler.

It's sad that Lawler will get the flake that the judges deserve. Can't wait for the Woodly fight.

The main goal of a punch or a kick is to hurt the opponent, to do damage. If you are throwing a fuck ton of strikes but isn't doing much you aren't being effective. So if your opponent threw 1/3 of the volume of yours strikes but was able to hurt you a lot more than he is the more effective fighter of you two.

My point is that those numbers mean little.

We all know he outstruck him but Robbie hit the bigger, more vicious shots. he nearly knocked him out in Round 2 and he had him in serious trouble in round 5.

The only controversial round here is Round 3.

Condit's pitter patter stuff isn't always going to win him fights.
This.

He really didn't move forward all that much, Condit was the one pressuring with strikes.
He really didn't move forward all that much, Condit was the one pressuring with strikes.

Lawler clearly won 2 and 5. The third round I thought Lawler had won until they showed the fight metric at the beginning of 4th. It's not like the judges are sitting their counting strikes.

Lawler clearly won 2 and 5. The third round I thought Lawler had won until they showed the fight metric at the beginning of 4th. It's not like the judges are sitting their counting strikes.
They should be though, at least they should have a screen to watch it on.

Back