Fightmetric: 49-48 Jones, 10-10 2nd & 3rd

Look at the grappling tab....How in the FUCK does that make sense!?

Lol. 28-12 in total head power strikes to Jones.

M'kay...

So FM had 2 10-10 rounds?

EDIT: Yeah, they had rd's 2 and 3 10-10's.

Just because you dont like the actual numbers, does not mean they are wrong, Fightmetric has a very good rep for being accurate in these fights

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I know a lot of people here think it's somehow important.

So Gus 1-3 is still reasonable. Not seeing what this proves

As a longtime boxing and MMA fan, I've found that Fight Metric is like the Bible. You can twist that shit around to fit any argument.

I can certainly see that. While Round 1 was for Gus and Rounds 4 and 5 were for Jones Rounds 2 and 3 really could have went either way. I scored it as a draw with Gus winning rounds 1 and 3 and Jones winning rounds 4 and 5 with Round 2 being 10-10.

Could be scored like that, rounds 2 and 3 were very close but I think round 3 went to Gus. I also saw round 2 as 10-10

Lol at 53-15 leg kicks for Jones yet most of them did nothing to Gus and didn't slow down his movement at all but rack up total strikes in Jones favor and people will hold on that to say Jones did outstrike Gus.

Super close fight, we need to see a rematch at least for fun purposes :p

on to the next proof of gus winning.

unless you dont score the kicks, i cant see how gus won.

Very close fight. I watched it once live, and to my eyes Jones definitely won the last two rounds and Gustafsson was most effective in rounds 1-3, but those were close rounds.

There aren't many scores for this fight I would outright disagree with. Didn't mind Jones winning and would like to see another fight between them.

Personally I found it mind-blowing how Gustafsson made the fight strictly a striking match. I really thought that would happen for about a round and Jones would eventually dump him on the ground and destroy him with elbows. Boy was I wrong!

Don't understand round 5 scores.

Striking - 24/24 - 28/25 Gus - 20/16 Gus - 7/2 Gus - 7/1 Jones
Total Strikescore - 109/66 Jones?! How? Gus have better numbers.
Grappling - 1/0 Jones
Total Grapplescore - 7/5 Jones OK, that makes sense.

Round 5 totals - 116/72 Jones. Why this difference?

Power shots vs. jabs. I'm not saying a jab isn't effective, or can't be damaging, but I'd rather eat 5 jabs than one spinning elbow.

The spinning elbow was on round 4. Number of significant strikes was equal. I don't get it yet. They need a 'significant significant strikes' or something else, lol.

Are people really scoring those oblique kicks that do nothing but keep distance from the other fighter?

Fucking pathetic that his bullshit leg kicks are scored. Should we start scoring slapping punches little baby hammerfists as legit strike as well?

The spinning elbow was on round 4. Number of significant strikes was equal. I don't get it yet. They need a 'significant significant strikes' or something else, lol.

Like the jab/power head/body/legs chart?

People need to watch the fights to judge them. The stats are interesting, but they don't tell the whole story.

Like the jab/power head/body/legs chart?

People need to watch the fights to judge them. The stats are interesting, but they don't tell the whole story.

I watched the fight. IMO, Jones won round 5. But we are talking about Fight Metric numbers, don't we? They score almost all their striking charts to Gus, but Jones won with a big difference of 43 points. This is the first time I don't understand their results.

Gustafsons trip takedown in round 2 was not scored by fightmetric. They also counted all the leg kicks as significant strikes. With this in mind I see why they scored it 49-48 for Jones.

Jones landed more than one spinning back elbow in that fight, it was like 8

Back