Fighters You Think Are Favorite of Top UFC Brass

UchihaMadara

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Whenever there is a championship fight you will see Dana after the fight waiting in the back to put on the championship belt on the winner but we seldom see Lorenzo in the back also. It is only when there is a BIG fight that you will see Lorenzo. After Bendo defended his belt against Nate it is only Dana that you will see. Considering Bendo's base pay on that fight (even though he is already a champion) we can assume that he may be the least favorite champion in the UFC. Surely this has something to do with his star power. On the other hand, the rare time that I see Lorenzo is when the Diaz-Condit fight, even though Diaz lost, you can see that Lorenzo is talking to Nick before the official announcement. Nick Diaz brings in the $$$, fans will pay for his fights to see him win or haters will pay to see him destroyed. On the latest GSP interview, GSP said that Lorenzo also think that the Diaz fight is the more Big money fight. This probably might be one of the reason why UFC granted GSP's request.

Well Frankie Edgar is one of their absolute favorites - which may in part explain why Bendo is not (if that really is the case)

Well Frankie Edgar is one of their absolute favorites - which may in part explain why Bendo is not (if that really is the case)

I guess that comes in late for Frankie. I think they want BJ to be the LW champ again that's why BJ was given an instant rematch.

Diaz gets title shot after loss, Fitch gets no love, the best thing about mma right now.

its pretty obvious that chael is a zuffa favorite.

I guess that comes in late for Frankie. I think they want BJ to be the LW champ again that's why BJ was given an instant rematch.

I think that Frankie and BJ are both on management's A list and have been for a long time. With Frankie it goes back to his fight with Tyson Griffin. Think about this, he's lost back to back fights and yet is about to receive another title shot. Has that ever happened? Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal, I'm just making a point according to the premise of the thread.

i remember lorenzo saying in an interview that he likes the fighters in the ufc that come to fight and put on a good show. he came to the defense of dan hardy after he lost like 4 straight saying dan wouldnt be cut because loranzo respects the fighters fighter. i think lorenzo was at diaz vs condit because everyone and their freaking brother expected FOTY and more. i truely think lorenzo just really likes the "real" fighters. examples: dan hardy, the Diaz bros, chris lebens, chuck liddell,

Jones, really, after what happened at 151? I'd say they like Sonnen much more than Jones.

Jones is fighting sonnen and coaching TUF, sounds like the UFC loves giving Jones easy pay days.

Chael Sonnen is #1 and it's not even close. They treat him like they used to treat Forrest and Bonnar , except better (3 title shots against #1 & 2 p4p champs, regardless of TRT bust, money laundering, and shoddy record).

Chael
Forrest
Bonnar
Florian
Vitor
Kos
Leben
Rivera
Kongo
Mir
Hardy
Hughes
Pulver

(everybody that loses in a fight that will make the UFC money in the near future)

Frankie Edgar gets some well-deserved love, as does Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin, and GSP.
Chael Sonnen is #1 and it's not even close. They treat him like they used to treat Forrest and Bonnar , except better (3 title shots against #1 & 2 p4p champs, regardless of TRT bust, money laundering, and shoddy record).
Agreed. The UFC gives him way more love than he deserves. I bet they're even gonna use TUF to make him even more like a WWE wrastler.

Word is that Mir is an enormous favourite of Joe Silva. You can tell sometimes aswell post-fight when Joe does his usual enter cage, shake hands thang. I think it was after the first Nog fight that Joe looks happier than Mir and gives him a hug and such.

That said, I don't think Dana likes Mir much..

GSP is their current golden Canadian goose.

Tossing him Diaz instead of Hendricks is about protecting GSP and his still iffy knee as much as money.

Jones, really, after what happened at 151? I'd say they like Sonnen much more than Jones.

Jones doesn't accept a fight at 151 and so every fighter on the card doesn't get paid. Dana & Hendo share blame but ultimately it lays on Jones shoulder's.

So instead of Dana punishing Jones he gives him another title shot at the very next PPV while the other's fights or canceled or moved to later dates.

Jones is Dana's new "face" of the UFC now that Anderson & GSP are getting older and talking about retirement soon.

Whenever there is a championship fight you will see Dana after the fight waiting in the back to put on the championship belt on the winner but we seldom see Lorenzo in the back also. It is only when there is a BIG fight that you will see Lorenzo. After Bendo defended his belt against Nate it is only Dana that you will see. Considering Bendo's base pay on that fight (even though he is already a champion) we can assume that he may be the least favorite champion in the UFC. Surely this has something to do with his star power. On the other hand, the rare time that I see Lorenzo is when the Diaz-Condit fight, even though Diaz lost, you can see that Lorenzo is talking to Nick before the official announcement. Nick Diaz brings in the $$$, fans will pay for his fights to see him win or haters will pay to see him destroyed. On the latest GSP interview, GSP said that Lorenzo also think that the Diaz fight is the more Big money fight. This probably might be one of the reason why UFC granted GSP's request.

probably gsp cause hes so marketable.. gots the clean cut white guy look, he's humble and obviously a phenomenal athlete and fighter..

anderson silva just because he is the "king" of mma, and people will pay to see his fights just on those grounds. can say the for jon jones but i'd say in light of all that controversy with him being the first fighter to destroy a whole UFC ppv card i'll hold judgement.

cain velasquez was getting there because he had the back of a whole country (Mexico.)

forrest griffin doesn't need much of an explanation

brian stann .. war veteran

You guys saying Edgar, but I think it was more of a NEED to have pushed him rather than they like him so much. Could be wrong, though your other champs are far more popular and can generate that popularity by themselves- their persona and their fighting.

Cerrone, Shogun and A. Silva (these days) can do no wrong. Sonnen too

Back