• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters you gained or lost respect for in 2022 for actions OTHER THAN FIGHTING

I don't like associating actions outside of the cage with the fighter we see in the cage. As a fan of fighters, I respect them for the level of entertainment, heart, grit, and skill they exhibit, no more no less.

That said, I thought it was pretty cool of O'Malley to say no to being Kadryov's prostitute. Gained a lot of respect for him as a man for that. He still has a lot of lost ground to cover though in my book lol.

I lost tiny bit of respect for Jorge Masvidal, but it's more of a "you definitely knew better" situation. We all have our moments, but as a man you should know how to handle insults and trash talk, regardless of the severity, in a more mature manner. Especially when you already had your chance to beat their ass legally and failed. If I decide to pass judgment though, I'll do it when the dust settles.

Overall though I don't give too many shits. Just wanna see shirtless dudes bang, bro.

<{JustBleed}>

Ariel has always been good. If you watch a lot of interviews you'd know he is one of the only good ones in MMA journalism.

The one I gained respect is Alex Caceres and Drew Dober. Caceres especially. His fight is always entertaining, and his last octagon interview make me a fan.He just seems to have good mindset about life in general
Alex is a really cool guy, a little eccentric but that’s a good thing imo. He’s underrated on here has some serious talents when he’s on.

The Argentinian fighter with big boobies. Respect.

I won’t say he’s a bad person first and foremost so I just want to make that clear.

It’s just that he’s said some quite negative things about gay people(which I happen to be) and that just saddens me a bit.

That's fucked up, what was the direct quote?

I always thought shields was gay personally. Probably closeted.

Anyone with views akin to anti gay/racist/etc. is immediately on my "whelp I don't need to pull them out of a burning building" list.

RESPECT

Jake Shields for fucking racist Mike Jackson up.
Why is it sherdog takes the person who calls out the person being racist and calls them racist?

It's like you took your preconceived biases, heard what Mike Jackson said and instead of doing a little research to see if there was any validity to what mike Jackson said just assume he's BSing because you like Jake Shields.

Paddy- never really respected him but when someone is pushed down our throats, at some point im gonna expect results. Then, he gets a gifted win then denies the obvious

Sean o malley-ehhh, nevermind. I never lost respect cuz i never had it.

Bryce-lost some respect because he loses his fight then immediately speaks of retiring. Kinda tells me that he regrets saying he was gonna donate some money before his loss.

Jones and nganno- for the same reason. Choose a fight already. Pick anyone.

Colby-gained respect for finally shutting the fuck up

Alex is a really cool guy, a little eccentric but that’s a good thing imo. He’s underrated on here has some serious talents when he’s on.
He needs more killer instinct, he lacks that. He would have more wins and finishes with a different mentality.

Not me personally (don't really care) but I see Sean is getting loads of respect for turning down Kadyrov's invite recently all over the internet.
It's not since yesterday, that Kadyrov and his brownnoses (I mentionend them in a lot of threads) are getting dissed/criticed in this forum. So all calculating O'Manlet is doing is rideing the wave in order to monetize his whole schtick the most efficient way...nothing more, nothing less IMO. It's the Donald Trump blueprint of the US that he's living by (it ain't cheating if you don't get caught).

Lost:

Mike Jackson - before I thought he was just a shit fighter, now he's a piece of shit.

I'm not on social media so don't follow all the crap but apparently he said he'd kick Shields ass for his tweets and then Shields held him down not really punching him. Then he says he will sue Shields for assault. And the dumbass admits he purposely tried to eye gouge Shields in their scuffle/fight whatever you wanna call it. And he laughs how Shields is the only one who took damage as he was bleeding from his attempted eye gouge.

I don't care about the politics involved but don't say you will beat someone up then fight dirty and threaten to sue. It's a bitch move.

After that he kept calling Shields a Nazi on Twitter after. He's the definition of a keyboard warrior.

Lots of respect for Bryce Mitchell. He’s a good guy trying to make a difference in the world. His donations to children’s charities is very commendable. And Dana either making the donation on Bryce’s behalf, or doubling it is cool too.

Dustin’s Good Fight Foundation.

I’ve even seen O’Malley doing some cool shit like giving out money to Christmas shoppers on the street (A little self serving, but his heart is in the right place, imo).

The thing about O'Malley is you'll never really know what sort of charity work he does because he doesn't have a camera crew following him around when he does it like some of the others you mentioned. This bit about his Reebok payment is about as far away from self serving as you can get.

hSPaoRYA5FWY61y-ZsW7gBt_NsaFWteis3GIKzysh0Q.jpg

He needs more killer instinct, he lacks that. He would have more wins and finishes with a different mentality.
I definitely agree. With some serious aggression he could have been or maybe still could be a contender. It’s been a long time since watching this fight but, I remember thinking he won v yair. And he’s beat some good guys.

I really doubt you know shit about the history of the region. Educate yourself from someone other than Soros' boy Karim Zidam.
You're actually defending this asshole? That's a hot/dumb take even for sherdog standards.

no ones rep took a bigger hit than tMasvidal

what a dirtbag

hon mention; BJ Penn can eat a bag of dicks for all i care

Last edited:
Back