• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters you are 99.9% sure never used steroids?

This thread isn't about what's legal or not. Everyone in PRIDE used steroids and they were legal... They still took steroids.
That was also the point that one guy you quoted made but you've now ignored two or three times now.
I've not ignored it. It's apples and oranges, so it's a stupid fucking point. You guys act like Hendo was on Ubereem levels when he was on trt. He was not. Fighters on trt were NOT allowed to take it at performance enhancing levels. Fighters that tried to anyway, got popped on tests. Also, unlike Hendo, most of the other guys were on it in their athletic primes looking to use it to cheat.

For the ten millionth time, Hendo started taking trt in his late 30's, when a mans test levels DO decline, and only used it at therapeutic levels. Comparing that to guys juiced up in pride, who were taking as much as they want under no supervision, to enhance performance, is an unfair comparison. You're rules lawyer argument, utterly without substance, is no matter the level it's all the same. No.

1. Hendo took it under doctor supervision, was NEVER clocked at performance enhancing levels.

2. TRT was also completely legal at the time, and Hendo was actually at the appropriate age to be on trt.

3. The context was people comparing Hendo to guys popped for ped usage. A completely unfair comparison to make when it was a legal treatment and, pay attention this time, Hendo was never caught taking it at performance enhancing levels. That is demonstrably not the same as fighters roiding out to whatever levels they choose.

A longer and more precise reply than you deserve tbh, when you take Rampage's word as gospel on anything I can tell logic won't get me far with you.

I've not ignored it. It's apples and oranges, so it's a stupid fucking point. You guys act like Hendo was on Ubereem levels when he was on trt. He was not. Fighters on trt were NOT allowed to take it at performance enhancing levels. Fighters that tried to anyway, got popped on tests. Also, unlike Hendo, most of the other guys were on it in their athletic primes looking to use it to cheat.

For the ten millionth time, Hendo started taking trt in his late 30's, when a mans test levels DO decline, and only used it at therapeutic levels. Comparing that to guys juiced up in pride, who were taking as much as they want under no supervision, to enhance performance, is an unfair comparison. You're rules lawyer argument, utterly without substance, is no matter the level it's all the same. No.

1. Hendo took it under doctor supervision, was NEVER clocked at performance enhancing levels.

2. TRT was also completely legal at the time, and Hendo was actually at the appropriate age to be on trt.

3. The context was people comparing Hendo to guys popped for ped usage. A completely unfair comparison to make when it was a legal treatment and, pay attention this time, Hendo was never caught taking it at performance enhancing levels. That is demonstrably not the same as fighters roiding out to whatever levels they choose.

A longer and more precise reply than you deserve tbh, when you take Rampage's word as gospel on anything I can tell logic won't get me far with you.
Guy. All professional athletes that get busted for elevated levels are given those levels by their doctors. Steroids aren't an illegal substance in the real world. You or I can load up on as much anabolic steroids as we feel like. Athletes doctors don't give a shit about what's legal or not legal in their professional career. They care about what their body can or cannot take in the real world. If Dan tells his doctor that he's sluggish, without mentioning his career, that doctor might prescribe some anadrol... Which is an anabolic steroid, through and through. Doctors give that stuff out regularly. If Dan took anadrol he'd be busted by USADA, despite the fact that his doctor might prescribe it to him.

On top of what I'm talking about there is the added caveat that professional athletes don't get low testosterone naturally. Their entire profession is based around their bodies being naturally stronger than yours or mine. Naturally elevated testosterone levels is a byproduct of that. However what does end up happening is athletes get low testosterone over time because of previous steroid abuse... And Dan fought in PRIDE. So you can see the fun little chicken or the egg game we're playing here.

Last edited:
Guy. All professional athletes that get bused for elevated levels are given those levels by their doctors. Steroids aren't an illegal substance in the real world. You or I can load up on as much anabolic steroids as we feel like. Athletes doctors don't give a shit about what's legal or not legal in their professional career. They care about what their body can or cannot take in the real world. If Dan tells his doctor that he's sluggish, without mentioning his career, that doctor might prescribe some anadrol... Which is an anabolic steroid, through and through. Doctors give that stuff out regularly. If Dan took anadrol he'd be busted by USADA, despite the fact that his doctor might prescribe it to him.

On top of what I'm talking about there is the added caveat that professional athletes don't get low testosterone naturally. Their entire profession is based around their bodies being naturally stronger than yours or mine. Naturally elevated testosterone levels is a byproduct of that. However what does end up happening is athletes get low testosterone over time because of previous steroid abuse... And Dan fought in PRIDE. So you can see the fun little chicken or the egg game we're playing here.

Blah blah. Dan didn't apply for trt until he was in his late thirties, when a mans test naturally drops off. Unlike MOST guys that were on it. Guys on trt were monitored for compliance. That's how several guys abusing trt were popped. Dan never tested over the allowed limits on trt, and never tested positive for steroids in his youth, like Vitor did. Last time I'm replying to you on this if you STILL don't get the difference. Not gonna say the same thing 50 times.

or HGH/Banned PEDs

For me
- Frankie Edgar (definition of a standup guy, great human being)
- Mark Hunt (obviously)
- Gegard Mousasi (Gegard is too cool to use that stuff)
- Georges St-Pierre (advocated for drug testing when no one else would, Hendricks also turned it down)
- Conor McGregor (too confident in his own skills to be using roids)
- Tim Kennedy (military discipline, the army also tests soldiers regularly)
- Roy Nelson (look at him)
Man the only ones on that list that I would bet money on would be edgar and roy nelson. And basically i'm not saying these guys have, but I just can't 99.9% say they haven't. I need percentages just over 50% for me to make such statements
-The problem with mark hunt is he's genetically always going to have a higher fat percentage. That's his genetic makeup.
-There's also a lot of cool guys that prob have used, that's not indicative of usage or no usage
-GSP prob hasn't, but there are some photos of him beefed up that have made me wonder, some of him in his younger fights he was a lot smaller, and there's many reason why that could be. But knowing that there's no way I would 99.9% think he hasn't
-Conor I just don't trust
-Tim Kennedy is a mad man, so i'm not saying he's not disciplined, but that's not going to stop somebody from using

20141002122903_Rndall_Wallace.JPG
he's a stud

I think GSP and Kennedy have used

A ton of evidence has proved it minus a failed drug test

I would say everyone is on steroids or some type of enchantment.

Evidence like what?

You really think 100% of athletes in the UFC are on PEDs in the USADA era?

People on here think it's so cool to pretend they know the inner workings of the UFC and what goes into fighters bodies

Barnett never “used” his roids, sure he took them but he sure as hell didn’t train his ass off in the gym and “use” them properly lol

You really think 100% of athletes in the UFC are on PEDs in the USADA era?
ezgif.com-resize-6.gif

Yes. The types of steroids you take and the levels you take them at just change based on the organization testing you.

Legal trt, where you're tested to make sure you're within limits =/= illegal ped use. It was legal when he used it, and he NEVER tested above the allowed limits. Period. Any attempt to put Hendo's trt use on the same level as illicit ped usage is pure bullshit. You guys flat out don't know what you're talking about. Not that you let that stop you.
nah bro.
he was taking steroids like Rampage, Vitor Mir and all the other guys.

TRT is a steroid whether it was exempt or not.

I don't hold it against those guys but by it's very definition Testosterone is a steroid

Hendo. He's always looked the same.

The same Hendo that had a TRT exemption for a few years? Dude was on the sauce until TRT was banned. Legally yes, but then again Mir, Forest Griffen, Rampage, and all kinds of other dudes in their early 30's were on it too. PED's are PED's.

nah bro.
he was taking steroids like Rampage, Vitor Mir and all the other guys.

TRT is a steroid whether it was exempt or not.

I don't hold it against those guys but by it's very definition Testosterone is a steroid
FFS guys with exemptions were tested to make sure they weren't over the limit. So no, it wasn't legal roiding. Guys on roids had no checks and balances on their levels. They didn't have the commission having them tested to make sure they were within limits. There WERE no limits.

What do people not get about this very simple concept. I know it's sherdog but goddamn.

Dude, when I found out Anderson Silva's skinny ass was on steroids it opened up the flood gates. Everyone's on 'em.

FFS guys with exemptions were tested to make sure they weren't over the limit. So no, it wasn't legal roiding. Guys on roids had no checks and balances on their levels. They didn't have the commission having them tested to make sure they were within limits. There WERE no limits.

What do people not get about this very simple concept. I know it's sherdog but goddamn.

testosterone is a steroid.

Dan was taking a steroid

The same Hendo that had a TRT exemption for a few years? Dude was on the sauce until TRT was banned. Legally yes, but then again Mir, Forest Griffen, Rampage, and all kinds of other dudes in their early 30's were on it too. PED's are PED's.

dudes don't understand that testosterone is a steroid.

testosterone is a steroid.

Dan was taking a steroid
Derpity derp derp. The most pointless black and white logic ever.

Sherdog: A place where context doesn't exist.

Derpity derp derp. The most pointless black and white logic ever.

Sherdog: A place where context doesn't exist.

The subject is who hasn't taken steroids.

guys on testosterone, like Dan were taking steroids.

it is a binary subject.

Back