Fighters you always support despite them being in the lower tiers.

bugrimmar

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It's easy to support champions and top contenders. There are fighters, however, that are just so likable with their personality that despite losing streaks and bad performances, we still support them 100%.

For me, I always get behind Pat Barry, Mark Hunt, Paolo Thiago, and Houston Alexander.

I dunno, they just seem to be really nice persons who fight for more than "I WANNA BE CHAMP RAWR!" They seem to be genuinely concerned about the fans, and they fight so passionately for their family and country.

What about you guys?

It's easy to support champions and top contenders. There are fighters, however, that are just so likable with their personality that despite losing streaks and bad performances, we still support them 100%.

For me, I always get behind Pat Barry, Mark Hunt, Paolo Thiago, and Houston Alexander.

I dunno, they just seem to be really nice persons who fight for more than "I WANNA BE CHAMP RAWR!" They seem to be genuinely concerned about the fans, and they fight so passionately for their family and country.

What about you guys?

Wand (after getting KO'd several times) I love his ability to make any fight good and always get on the mic and address the fans. great guy I'd like to see him retire soon though.. as much as I love the guy fighting I can't help but feel awful when he gets KO'd

Leban for pretty much the same reasons

I agree with Barry though, there isn't a better personality in MMA.

Tim Kennedy

Denis Siver (though now he's tearing it up at 145)

Brian Ebersole

Just off the top of my head.

I've always rooted for thiago Silva. Jus an intimidating lookin guy. i think he might have scared me into cheering for him.

Chris Lytle, always a gamer, always exciting, and you wont find anyone tougher in all of MMA.

Pat Berry, always root for him, super exciting, horribly flawed, yet terrifyingly dangerous. Cool guy too.

I would say Roy Nelson, love seeing that fatass hillbilly KO these bigger atheltic guys, but i think its hard to argue that he isnt top tier at this point.

Im a fan of Denis Siver too, and have been since he came to the UFC, but hopefully now he will prove at FW that he is more than just a middle of the road fighter.

James Irvin
Ebersole (even though he isn't really lower tier, pretty much solidly middle)
Pat Barry

chris lytle, dan hardy, BJ penn, sam stout (some of these guys used to be contenders though)

Ivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Menjiiiiiiivaaaaar.

I love the dude. He's just a bad El Salvadorian. Gotta love him.

Sakuraba too.

Melvin Manhoef
Dan Hardy
Cung Le(does he count now that he beat Ace?)

I have no idea why but I always root for Amir Sadollah

Back