Fighters whose chin improved since changing weight class?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
I know many fighters get improved chin when moving up but can u recall anyone whose chin got better since moving down?

maybe dj? granted, he started at 135 because the ufc didnt have a 125 pound division at the time, but he didnt start his unparalleled steak of greatness until he dropped a weight class.

never been ko'd, so not sure if his chin improved.

whittaker got koed by punches from thompson to eat bombs from romero

That's not how physics works

chin improved moving down a weight class?... idk man fuck.

When you cut weight you usually lose some punch taking ability. I guess because there's less oxygen?

Didn’t hunt have a period in LHW?

When you cut weight you usually lose some punch taking ability. I guess because there's less oxygen?

Its because you dehydrate yourself,you lose the cushion around your brain,takes several days for you to re hydrate properly

Its because you dehydrate yourself,you lose the cushion around your brain,takes several days for you to re hydrate properly
I would hope it's obvious why someone's chin doesn't simply get better.

But maaaybe he could mean relative to the divisions punching power? At least that's a workable discussion.

Fighter's chins change because they may change their relative muscle strength of their necks, traps, temporalis etc that are all involved in absorbing punches before they rattle the brain.

Pre 2010 bj penn? He fought at heavier weight early in the beginning of his career.

whittaker got koed by punches from thompson to eat bombs from romero
Im sure Thompsons precision and timing were more a factor than just the weight cut. Yoel may hit harder but he sure as hell doesnt have the angles and timing of WB.

Yoel - didn't he get KO'D at LHW(like debut or close to?) And then never been KO'd at MW.

That's my only guess

Back