Fighters whose biggest strengths were exposed?

Gunnar Nelson looked like an absolute wizard on the mat until he ran into Maia and got absolutely dominated. I don't know if that was him being exposed, or just exposing that there are levels to BJJ black belts, though.
I think it was Maia being that good. Gunnar had some good reversals he just always ended up in a bad situation in the end. Not many people could have exchanged in the grappling that long and survived.

Woodley, he’s been shown to not to good if you pressure him and don’t let him land the right hand. Rory did it, then Usman really exposed him.

Brocks wrestling was exposed a little by Randy and big time by cain

He got fain down, but couldn't keep him down

Once his wrestling was ineffective, he got schooled fast

Tony Ferg. known for making his opponents a nice bloodbath. gache did that exactly same to him

giphy.gif

Conor vs Nate. Outboxed, almost got KO'd.

Nah, Conor lit him up when they were fresh, it wasn't even a contest. The only thing that got exposed was his cardio. Still a good example, just not what you thought it was.

Nah, Conor lit him up when they were fresh, it wasn't even a contest. The only thing that got exposed was his cardio. Still a good example, just not what you thought it was.
His "nobody can take that left hand" aura was exposed. It's not like Nate never been finished. Conor lit him in the first round, I agree, but Nate is a slow starter.

Cool example, what I meant was more like if basically someone did that to Ryan Hall, because he's known for lethal leg attacks, BJ isnt really, so if it was the other way around it would be more fitting

Also every-time Cro Cop was KOed by a supposedly inferior striker, but it breaks my heart too much to post gifs.

They all got huge help from big round space of octagon and wire fence. Except Randleman none of those fights were in the ring. Big round space to cricle away and manage distance + long minutes of wire fence pushing are very bad for pure kickbox striking.

Fedor v Nog 1,2,3 (well, maybe not 2) is the ultimate example.

On lesser levels:
Hughes subbing Almieda.
Nick Diaz outlasting Gomi's boxing. "Those aren't boxing skills..."
Nick Diaz beating Lawler standing.

Sorry I have no contemporary examples. Short term memory is the first thing to go.

Woodley, he’s been shown to not to good if you pressure him and don’t let him land the right hand. Rory did it, then Usman really exposed him.

Woodley came to mind for me as well.

Back