Fighters who would or wouldnt take a diego-like DQ win

You take the win. If you don't then you're unprofessional or misguided.

Pro sports is all about winning. Has to be. You have to be ruthless within the rules and this was.

Definitely would: Diego brandao
Wouldn’t: 95 percent of the roster

Wouldn't: DC

I'm not entirely sure of that. He's always strenuously argued against people calling him a paper LHW champ by repeating that Jon "disqualified himself from competition" therefore didn't have any claim to the belt. I could see him applying that same concept to someone landing a blow that could literally disqualify (DQ) him. He's not above a little manipulation of a situation, we saw that with the towel trick.

Supposedly, there was a $100k win bonus on the line for Diego. How many fighters would turn that away?
He signed for 99k/99k and 103k/103k in his previous two fights, i would guess he got around the same this time around, great business decision to take the easy way out considering he did nothing wrong.

Would: Elias Theodorou - Likes to win at all costs no matter how much the fans dislike it

Wouldn’t: Elias Theodorou - Refuses to be involved in anything remotely exciting or interesting during a fight

I'm far from a Kos fan, but he fought to a decision against GSP with a broken orbital. I'm still half inclined to agree with you.

Didn’t he fake being hit by a knee whilst down against somebody?

I felt like it was Anthony Johnson but upon checking he won that fight by submission so now I’m not sure

I felt like it was Anthony Johnson but upon checking he won that fight by submission so now I’m not sure
It was an eye poke that may have not actually been an eye poke when he fought Johnson. The knee thing was Paul Daley.

giphy.gif

/thread

Would: Cerrone, McGregor
Wouldn't: Diaz (both), Theodoru

It was an eye poke that may have not actually been an eye poke when he fought Johnson. The knee thing was Paul Daley.

kos faked a knee vs rumble.

KoscheckJohnson2.gif

I'm sure you saw, but @dildos confirmed it was Johnson. Good call.

Back