Fighters who were affected badly after a loss?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who are some fighters that performed really badly after a devastating loss?

Some people I can think of are..

Dan Hardy, loses title bid against GSP. Goes on a 4 fight losing streak shortly after.

Leonard Garcia, controversial decision over Nam Phan, gets twistered in rematch w/ KZ & goes on a 4 fight losing streak.

Nam Phan lost against Garcia followed by Brown, beats Garcia in rematch, gets dominated by Hettes, beats Cole Miller & gets dominated by Dennis Siver.

Melvin Guillard. Gets embarassed by Joe Lauzon, subbed by the same move against Jim Miller, beats Camoes via lackluster decision then gets KO'd by Cerrone & beaten by Varner.

Just for a bonus, what about fighters who lost but came back better than before?

Benson Henderson, loses last WEC event title fight to Pettis. Transitions to the UFC & is riding a 6 fight winning streak including being the UFC LW champion.

Cain Velasquez. Loses title in first defense against JDS. Destroys Bigfoot w/out problem & dominates JDS en route to retaining his title back.

GSP. Loses to Serra & Hughes & ends up becoming the dominant champ he is today.

Anderson Silva loses via DQ against Okami & goes on to win the UFC MW title along w/ dominating the division for the past 7 years.

Rory MacDonald. Loses to Carlos Condit & starts decimating everybody in his path.

What say you Sherdog?

Chuck

you cant count Cain, he got his first loss then went back to destroying people like he was before

Machida looked shell shocked against rampage, which cost him the decision.

Hominick got wrecked by Aldo. Shogun seems to have lost something after JBJ, even though he showed a ton of heart against Hendo, he took a bad beating in that fight.

David Loiseau never was the same after the Franklin fight. Shame, cuz its not like he was dominated or anything.

Forrest after Silva took his soul.

I was going to agree with this wholeheartedly, then I looked up Forrest's record and he's 3-1 since the Anderson fight. That is hard to believe, since he's come off as such a confused dipshit ever since that humiliation.

I was going to agree with this wholeheartedly, then I looked up Forrest's record and he's 3-1 since the Anderson fight. That is hard to believe, since he's come off as such a confused dipshit ever since that humiliation.

It's not just about the record, it's how his fights went. Definitely not the same fighter after it.

Hardy, Garcia, and Phan are just not really that good. I don't think they were affected by their previous loss. They lose because they're not top fighters.

Shocked no one has said this, but Cro Cop after Gonzaga took his soul comes to mind first for me. Dude was never the same after.

Forrest after Silva took his soul.

Izurmumhom said:
every fighter who has fought silva.

Also Mir after JDS

We will See if JDS gets it back after Cain

Bisping has been incredibly pissy even for him
after getting KO'd be Hendo

Nick Diaz is more anxious and down after losing
to **Condit hopefuly he gets it back after GSP win or lose.

Broke fitch after getting Ko'd be Hendrix

Last edited:
Brandon Vera after losing to Tim Sylvia

Arlovski and Rogers after getting ko'd by Fedor

Fedor after getting subbed by Werdum

machida, he could have done what he did to rampage in the third all 3 rounds but was too shaken to engage

Machida looked shell shocked against rampage, which cost him the decision.

yes, but i still would have given machida the decision, but yeah he was scared to engage until the third

every fighter in recent memory that has fought GSP.

they just havent been the same since.

hopefully condit doesnt fall under this curse.

...and 2 of the wins were against Tito Ortiz. one a contentious decision

Back