Fighters who run, have huge reach advantage considered GOATS (Jones, Izzy), but not Khabib?

Imagine thinking TS doesn't know that guys train and come up with game plans. I don't know what the dude is smoking but he needs to change the channel back to the WWE Network cause I think he sat on the remote and accidentally ended up on the ESPN channel.

It's not a valid issue. It's an athlete using their God given advantages to win his fights. Jones is long and knows how to keep people at distance. Khabib is an outstanding grappler so he pressures opponents and takes them down. McGregor has no cardio so he jogs around in circles to gather himself. All of these tactics take years of training to become better and get more "skilled." There is a reason you only have 2 likes in a 2009 account. You're arguments are lacking and your common sense is just missing.

But does a God given gift mean that you are a better fighter? A Goat should be someone who is the best without any advantages over their opponent.

also you didn’t answer the running part

These are just really dumb threads,even as a Khabib fan.

Its a fight,sometimes you need space,and runnin might be the only way to stay concious.
Staying concious is the GOAT

did fedor ever run?

What kind of bullshit thread is this? Wtf?

Are you going to blame a gymnast for being short?

a basketball player for being tall?

An Olympic weightlifter for having the proper body proportions?

Michael Phelps for having a long ass torso and long arms?

Do you think everyone should look the same in sports?

im not blaming him but he’s only beaten guys much smaller than him limb wise

Part of the reason Jones doesn't impress me as much is just how much of an advantage he has on his opponent in terms of height and reach

Some fighters can't even get close t him to engage

To be fair he utilizes this advantage well, but still... Meh.

The height opens him up for overhand punches, and Jones does not use his reach advantage well at all from a boxing perspective. He doesn't have a jab and he likes to close the distance and clinch guys (he sure knows how to use his height/reach in the wrestling department though).

Still don't understand how Jones can be considered to be a GOAT after testing positive, not once, but twice lol.

Its a huge skill to know how to use your reach and be good with it, there are thousands of guys who have long reach and get dropped with sloppy overhand rights. Long arms means nothing, look at James Vick, but I could mention tons and tons. Reach is a skilled art, just having a long reach has no benefits if you don't have the skill level and talent and education to use it to your advantage.

Lol a ton of people have been calling Khabib goat. Wtf are you whining about TS? That it’s not unanimous? Quit being a crybaby

giphy.gif

10.gif

Its a huge skill to know how to use your reach and be good with it, there are thousands of guys who have long reach and get dropped with sloppy overhand rights. Long arms means nothing, look at James Vick, but I could mention tons and tons. Reach is a skilled art, just having a long reach has no benefits if you don't have the skill level and talent and education to use it to your advantage.
This. The martial arts is all about figuring out your own natural talents and leveraging them. Mike Tyson gave up reach in like every fight and learned how to use his body to beat men that had reach on him.

We don’t get to arbitrarily decide what advantages count and which don’t. Izzy doesn’t have Khabib’s otherworldly grip and pressure. So he fights controlling range instead of blasting single and double leg takedowns. Izzy doesn’t manage this just because he we born with long arms. He manages it because he’s dedicated his life to the art, and learned the best way to use his body. Same as Khabib.

This. The martial arts is all about figuring out your own natural talents and leveraging them. Mike Tyson gave up reach in like every fight and learned how to use his body to beat men that had reach on him.

We don’t get to arbitrarily decide what advantages count and which don’t. Izzy doesn’t have Khabib’s otherworldly grip and pressure. So he fights controlling range instead of blasting single and double leg takedowns. Izzy doesn’t manage this just because he we born with long arms. He manages it because he’s dedicated his life to the art, and learned the best way to use his body. Same as Khabib.
I totally 100% agree with everything you said, very true!.

Get the fook outt here.
I'm not even a Jones fan, but discounting him as a potential GOAT because he has a natural advantage is beyond preposterous.
So what, are you also going to deny Phelps' or Bolt's GOAT statuses because both of them have the perfect attributes to excel in their respective sports?
And stop with that argument "he is too tall for the division". If he can make weight, then it's ok. Being taller while not being heavier than your opponents also has his downsides (speaking as 6.2 165 pounder). Actually, Khabib is the one is the story who has always struggled to make weight, not Jones, so if there is one "weight cheater", then it's Khabib.

Reactions: Ube
I guess only Spud Webb, Nate Robinson, Boykins, Bogues, Misaka can be considered GOATs in the NBA.
Jordan wouldnt even make AAU ball if it wasnt for his jumping and dunking abilities. Leaves Wilt and Kareem out they were too tall.

Everyone has advantages and disadvantages... I bet Mike Perry wishes he had accessible Bears to train with as a youth, and I bet Max Holloway wishes he had BJ Penns wealth to train, instead of learning his shit from Video Games.

This is retarded at best, Khabib has size advantage over all his opponents he beat. He could never make 145 like Conor or Poirier did, he would be almost identical size to Colby if he went up a weight class and didn't cut.

Bottom line is reach and size should not matter when considering Goat.

It should be based on one thing imo overall well rounded skill, Who can win a fight no matter where the fight goes.

Jon Jones has proven to be the most well rounded guy for the longest time. Does a great job with everything, striking, wrestling, grappling and BJJ.

Jones should be fighting at Heavyweight.

Izzy should be fighting at Light Heavyweight.

Khabib should be fighting at Welterweight.

But does a God given gift mean that you are a better fighter? A Goat should be someone who is the best without any advantages over their opponent.

also you didn’t answer the running part

You realize you make no sense. Using a God given talent takes skill to be able to learn how to use that talent. There have been plenty of athletes in all sports that could have been great but were never known because they never learned how to use their skills to their advantage. By your logic only guys who are average can be considered goats because they have no talents. Sorry but that's not how it works dummy.

Also Yes, I did answer the running part, you just missed it because I diguised it with McGregor's name.

Using this logic, then what would Khabib do without his advantage. Shorter reach is perfect for grappling....

Man shertards seem to be getting dumber..

The Gracies did a breakdown on how much of an advantage longer reach can be. Yes they're more vulnerable, but they're much more effective levers.

Back