Fighters who never reached their max potential

James Mcsweeney had all the tools to be way better than he was. He is one of those guys who you think nothing of if you go by records. But when you watch his fights then look at the record it doesn't make sense. Some of the best footwork and kicks at heavyweight who moves like a welterweight.
When he is mentally on, guy was awesome to watch.

Gilbert yvel is another and 170lb Rodney glunder

Melvin Guillard
tumblr_movezoGGG61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Imagine if this guy had been disciplined/wasn't a mental midget.
<30>
Edit:
My boy Melvin Guillard... never shoulda took that fight with Lauzon he had the title shot in the bag already..
Didn't see you there.
<{dayum}>

The guy had 58 fights, he didn't have enough time to reach his max potential???
It's a mental thing, similar to Kevin Lee now, only much much worse. The raw talent is there. For both men.

Last edited:
Aleks
Brock
70% Hendricks
Trtor (usada took him from us too soon)

Mousasi. Never had a world class gym, never trained with the best on a regular base.

I mean, 4 out of those 5 won the belt. How can you say they didn't reach potential?

Cruz won the belt twice.
Conor is the most successful MMA fighter ever financially speaking.
Cain won the belt twice.
Brock won the belt in his 4th mma fight.

Ridiculous suggestions.
Cruz could have had a long reign, he has 6 UFC fights that's 2 less than Darren Till.
Conor could have been a greater fighter in MMA but would have made less money.
Cain got hurt so much that he barely got to even reign as champion.
I got nothing for Bork apart from this
bigbork.gif

Cruz could have had a long reign, he has 6 UFC fights that's 2 less than Darren Till.
Conor could have been a greater fighter in MMA but would have made less money.
Cain got hurt so much that he barely got to even reign as champion.
I got nothing for Bork apart from this
bigbork.gif

Cruz also had a career outside the UFC

Erick Silva
Lorenz Larkin
Maybe Edgar if he said he could make 135, few years ago he could be a champion
Chandler, he spent too much time in Bellator, he could likely beat a few champions like Pettis, Benson, maybe RDA

There are a few fighters who finished their careers early like Dustin Hazelett, Cole Konrad

Last edited:
He had success in both kickboxing & MMA but my pick would be Remigijus Morkevicius. I think if he hadn't of gotten involved in criminal activity/organized crime he could have been a champion in a major organization.

Seeing how Cain started performing after USADA, I'd say he went beyond his max potential.

James Vick? He had a decent amount of potential with his reach and ground game, but he got ktfo a few times whilst trying to fight any decent opponent.

I'm not going for the meme answer and will say that Lee is the only guy from that list who can be a lot, and I mean a lot better than he is now. The other guys more or less reached their peak. I don't believe that Cruz could be better, he could prolong his career if not the injuries, but to see some better version from what he showed us before - nah.

Mayhem Miller

Back