Fighters who influenced you

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys hold a place near and dear for certain fighters who were fighting with you became fans. Guys who you associate with that FEELLING of when mma was magical. For me it's guys like Matt Hughes , ken shamrock , jens pulver and I really miss tuf 1 cast

Machida influenced me to give up my dreams. They are impossible.

Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Rampage, Kondo. Honorable mentioned to Royce and Rickson.

Andy Wang.

People used to look at me and said look at that punk, but after following his examples of battle, they look at me and say "that guy is a warrior"

Gustafsson, Shogun, Weidman and of course the one and only Chael P Sonnen.

Chuck, randy, arlovski, Hughes and later machida, rampage, Cro cop when they came to the UFC

Interestingly I was never a big fan of most of them, apart from from Cro cop and machida. I started watching in 04 full time and that buzz of waiting a month for a card that was shown on 24 hour delay on a channel called bravo in the uk, it was awesome

Even though in a way in like having more mma, I kinda miss the build up. I'd rather have a ppv and a fox card alternating every 2 weeks. Merge the fight nights into the two fortnightly cards to make deeper cards. I don't get the same buzz now but that would help. Not that it makes business sense!

Keith Hackney. I always go straight for the balls in a fight.

and [YT]Dt0UIuGnSdw[/YT]Of course.

I like JDS before tuf but afterwards i really became a huge fan. Frankie edgar too

Fedor, CC & Shogun.

If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be watching MMA.

Jonathan Brookins, Evan Tanner

Last edited:
Rashad Evans.
Deemed too small to win TUF 2.
I was deemed too small (height wise) to be good or go anywhere in football. Seeing him win inspired me to never give up. Although football didn't pan out the way I wanted it, I still am influenced by him. I plan on starting my training for MMA later this year and see where that takes me. In a few years I hope to take an amateur fight and continue from there.

Rashad is a big inspiration for not only in athletics, but when I was in college and when I get that call to the academy for state corrections. I'm going in there with a confident attitude and a confident swagger. When my drill instructor is taking sh*t to me, I'm gonna kiss my hand and grab my balls, but only in my mind though. I ain't trying to get kicked out. Lmao

David Loiseau and them vicious elbows. Inspired me to split the head of a grappling dummy once i got my form together.

I got really into leg locks watching ken shamrock fights. When I started doing them at class, it was like nobody had seen one before. Hughes got me into wrestling and slams.

Back