Fighters that were dominated in title fights, but you still have hope in their champ

EJRMAN513

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
ionship quest?

My example of this is Nate Diaz. Nate got thrashed by Bendo but I believe Nate when he says the eye injury really messed him up. I believe the eye injury affected Nates gameplan as he said "after he punched me in the eye I just wanted to stick to grappling." I believe that if the eye injury hadn't happened, the fight would've been way more competitive than what it was and Nate wouldn't have been so content to grapple during the occasions where he could control it.

P.S> I'm expecting some JDS in this thread lol

Shogun.

He needs his old manager and Cordeiro back.

It's always been Shogun.

But after his fight with Gus, I had to let this go. If he doesn't care about it, then why should I?

Now I'm just going to enjoy his fights, I can't keep getting hurt like this because he can't get his conditioning up to par! Im done with it!

Nate Diaz for sure -- he just got out gameplanned and yeah, who knows how the injury affected him? That' not to take away from Bendo but Diaz never really got to implement his strengths.

Shogun.

He needs his old manager and Cordeiro back.

Idk about titles but I do think if he had his old team and Cordeiro back he'd be better at 205 than what he is right now.

It's always been Shogun.

But after his fight with Gus, I had to let this go. If he doesn't care about it, then why should I?

He looked like he put a full effort into his fight against Alexander Gustafsson.

Nate Diaz for sure -- he just got out gameplanned and yeah, who knows how the injury affected him? That' not to take away from Bendo but Diaz never really got to implement his strengths.

Definitely I didn't like it because I'm not a fan of Bendo but he did what he went in there to do and he succeeded. That eye injury was simply a potential fight changing hit. I say potential because for all we know the fight could've still gone the same way it did even without the injury, but I don't think it would've.

He looked like he put a full effort into his fight against Alexander Gustafsson.

He put effort into it, but the skill just wasn't there. It's like his current camp has completely cut out his Muay Thai and is just focusing on Boxing. If he used more leg kicks(or his legs period) in the Gus fight instead of trying knock Gus' block off, I think that he would've been more successful if not win the fight.

At the time, Diego Sanchez. Now it's Nate Diaz for sure.

Jon Fitch. Always Jon Fitch. I've been a believer a long time, and it won't go away until the man retires. Do I expect him to beat Georges? I hope so with all my heart, but as with any other of my favorite or unfavorite fighters, one must accept reality. GSP is better than Jon. It hurts, but it's true.

And I've never been a giant JDS fan ('specially since he KO'd my boy...) but I respect the hell out of him after his loss. I hope he does return to championship form, just not against Cain :icon_chee

Dang, now that I think about it, Condit too. GSP just screws up WW being better than everyone.

Velasquez when he was knocked out.

I did too. Now I just hope he beats up Overeem. Nothing against Overeem, Cains just one of my favorite fighters and I feel he has the potential to become the next Fedor or better, while Overeem and JDS, not so much.

Jon Fitch. Always Jon Fitch. I've been a believer a long time, and it won't go away until the man retires. Do I expect him to beat Georges? I hope so with all my heart, but as with any other of my favorite or unfavorite fighters, one must accept reality. GSP is better than Jon. It hurts, but it's true.

And I've never been a giant JDS fan ('specially since he KO'd my boy...) but I respect the hell out of him after his loss. I hope he does return to championship form, just not against Cain :icon_chee

Dang, now that I think about it, Condit too. GSP just screws up WW being better than everyone.

I like the Condit one and the head kick he landed gave me hope

tumblr_me7p8bHHB11r8uyggo1_500.gif

Koscheck. He should have got the nod against Hendricks and I still believe he can beat GSP.

Koscheck. He should have got the nod against Hendricks and I still believe he can beat GSP.

The Hendricks fight could've definitely gone either way. That last part though..........No

I love Nate, prob even more than Nick. Even with that loss he showed maturity and even with the way he was dominated, I still think he will come back stronger.

Normally after a loss like that you think the guy's been owned and will be demoralized.
The way he apologised to Nick afterwards was pure class

It used to be Shogun, but like the guys above I've given up on him in that respect. I just wanna enjoy what he's able to do still

Back