Fighters That Never Came Back The Same After A Knockout Loss

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
The scorecards didn't do that fight justice. Edgar couldn't do anything that night against Aldo (second fight).

Wrong. In round 1 Edgar showed he learned from the first fight that leg kicks combined with a shit ton of feints, and counters are effective against Aldo (opposed to his forward dashes seen in those gifs). This caused him to win round 1, getting him off to a promising start. Then he got away from that and went back to dashing forward and hitting air. Poor discipline led to Frankie losing that fight.

GSP.

He came back and didn’t lose a round for five years.

His killer instinct seemed to go as well though.

i would agree, but gsp was not ko'd or tko'd. he tapped

truly wasnt the same after 4 sure

Wrong. In round 1 Edgar showed he learned from the first fight that leg kicks combined with a shit ton of feints, and counters are effective against Aldo (opposed to his forward dashes seen in those gifs). This caused him to win round 1, getting him off to a promising start. Then he got away from that and went back to dashing forward and hitting air. Poor discipline led to Frankie losing that fight.
That fight was 3 years ago. I don't think Edgar was great in round 1 but Aldo started out tentative. He was knocked out by Conor the fight before. The last minute of round 1 you could see him start to crack Edgar. Edgar might have won round 1 on points but Aldo got a few good shots in the last minute. His last minute was better than Frankie's first r minutes but Edgar won that round. The rest of the fight Aldo outclassed Frankie. Aldo is just a better fighter. I'm from Frankie's backyard and my son wrestles. I have every reason to say the opposite (I was rooting for Frankie in that fight). That fight wasn't even close.

And Crocop after he was Crocop'd by Gonzaga.

To see both legends decline after being on the receiving end of a brutal high kick to the head really got me crestfallen.
They should have taken some time off.

Wanderlei got KTFO cold twice in a span of 5 months, and had a war against Liddell later on that year. CroCop got rekt, injured his knee, and fought 5 months later, only to get his balls kneed into his stomach by both Kongo and Overeem within the year.

PRIDE cometh before the fall.

Yeah, Renan's downfall is crazy. He went from the best in the world to an absolute bum within a few years.

Overeem's style change is bizarre lol.

I guess another one is Cody Garbrandt. After he got KO'd by TJ the first fight, he lost his fight IQ and abandoned his defense
ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

ElegantDisloyalHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

LittleEducatedGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
Christ did Dillashaw clock Cody with three right hooks in a row in that first gif?

WTF how do you keep falling for the same thing over and over?

Christ did Dillashaw clock Cody with three right hooks in a row in that first gif?

We don't call him Cody "no brain" for nothing.

Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell after Rampage 2
Wand after Cro Cop
Miguel Torres (Somehow wrote Leonard Garcia instead)
G-Sot
Terry Etim

RJJ

Last edited:
{<RR}
Speaking of head kick KO’s, Holly v Ronda

Took a bit too long, but this might be the pinnacle of not handling a KO in human history

She had an epic meltdown and went into hiding for a year

She came back looking like a deer in headlights and got starched again, then ran away from the sport in her prime

Most fighters don't recover from a knockout.

Overeem's ability to get KTFO over and over again and come back just as good as before is literally unheard of in combat sports.

I was afraid that Hooker would lost his killer instinct after Barboza, now I'm good. :D
GSP was a pretty good fighter before Matt, he's the biggest downfall ever. (Wait for the horde of GSP fans to burst in outrage)
JDS is a prime example.

Aldo lost a tad of his killer instinct after fighting Hominick, but I can cope with it... The guy punched Hominick so much he defaced Hominick off and still couldn't put him to sleep, from there on we saw an Aldo that managed his gas tank in case of else.

Seems like Conor hasn't been the same after Diaz as well, if only we could actually see him fighting.......

Aldo fought to keep his belt after his UFC debut. Conor fought more conservatively after the Diaz fights, but still goes for the kill

Stefan Struve after Mark Hunt punched his teeth into brain (literally I think

LOL wtf

After which KO ?

Rochhold and Teh Chris seem to be struggling to get it back together.

Yeah Rockhold went from potential future MW GOAT, to an absolute bum who is getting KO'd by Santos' left overs

Vick after the gaethje KO

He was KO’d before by darisuh but has just looked uncomfortable in there’s since the gaethje KO and lost his next two

Yeah Vick has become the LW Rockhold. Sort of watch because I know he's only one shot away from being KO'd stiff

Wanderlei after eating that left high kick from CroCop.

Noice one

Yeah Cody wanted to get put to sleep in that cage apparently

Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell after Rampage 2
Wand after Cro Cop
Leonard Garcia
G-Sot
Terry Etim

RJJ

{<RR}
Speaking of head kick KO’s, Holly v Ronda

Hard to tell if she could have returned the same, she got dusted in 48 seconds in the come back

Took a bit too long, but this might be the pinnacle of not handling a KO in human history

She had an epic meltdown and went into hiding for a year

She came back looking like a deer in headlights and got starched again, then ran away from the sport in her prime

Most fighters don't recover from a knockout.

Overeem's ability to get KTFO over and over again and come back just as good as before is literally unheard of in combat sports.

I think its a fitting thread for this weekend. Cris Cyborg had only really been hurt one time before she fought Nunes:
Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars.gif

She recovered and finished the fight without being KO'd

tumblr_pkm89e0fRI1v6w3juo1_500.gif

But this is different

3xp0chjblc721.gif

36abc8f7-18fb-4ebf-bdd1-903361e50533-jpg.568023

She could return gun shy and throwing very few strikes. Or, she could become even more aggressive.

Travis Browne after that crazy round against Arlovski. He looked like it would be a matter of time before he became champion until that fight.

I predict Darren Till will be on this list soon.

JDS's chin and heart have deteriorated since that third fight with Cain. He gets rocked more easily and will cover up and give up if he takes a massive shot. Prime JDS would've kept fighting after getting hit with that counter from Ngannou.

I know Aldo is viewed by many as recovering well from a KO loss, I view it the opposite. While his first fight back was against someone with more of a wrestling background and was predictable in his striking, he seemed to just freeze up at one point in thr fight after.

The moment Max began to be flashier in his strikes and foot movement, Aldo just stopped being offensive. I swear his face and posture just changed and he ate shots while looking for a clean opening. It looked like amateur boxers I known afraid of being hit by something they won't see coming again after the first time they get stung.

Back